City Radius of one 1 square?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Radius of one 1 square?

I need help.. again... I find the scenario creation cumbersome, but I prefer to make better maps than you get randomly, so here we are. I created a nice map and placed several civs. I worked hard to make sure I had all the settings right (pollution on, hard level, moderate barbarians). So I started my new scenario and built Washington. Instead of the city square and the surrounding squares being in the radius, it just has the single city square as the radius! I thought maybe this was a setting in the "hard" level, but starting a normal non-scenario game in the "hard" level doesn't do this.
    What's going on? How do I fix this? Thanks like usual!

What I think has happened id that in creating you map you accidentally drew a city you had previously.

so what you are suffering from is that city are interfering with your new city.

what you have to do is find the city select the civ that made it and then disband it some how.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Never heard about it unless if you made a change in the citySize*.txt files
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Have you placed any tile improvements on the map that could be messing with the civ borders either?
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

That’s a good one wombat but he would have had to please at least 8 forts to achieve that.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

not necessarily. If you place them through the map editor, even roads exert border influence, and then destroying them can leave the border still there.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Maybe this is my problem. I had a 2 or 3-turn old game and then loaded that map, did a few mods to it (most of the continent was mountain, for instance), and then saved the map. I deleted the cities and units but I guess the "save map" saved other things too. Is there a way to save the map and only the map, without units, cities, or anything else, so you can build a fresh scenario? I thought the "save map" command button would do it, but apparently not....

Comment

I had the same problem a few months ago there was an enemy city which you could not find or kill.

Comment

You might try experimenting with the map commands that you can enter into the chat window (press ' to get that) - there's
                  /exportmap [filename]
                  and
                  /importmap [filename]

I'm not certain of all the details of what they do, but it's worth a try.

Edit: Changed the angle brackets to square brackets - thanks for pointing out that they were missing, Martin .

Comment

Just /importmap or /exportmap doesn't work you have to specify a *.txt file name, for instance: /exportmap mymap.txt

Once you entered this you will find a file called mymap.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. If you want to load this map use: /importmap mymap.txt

Important is that the currently loaded map and the map you whish to import have the same size. For instance if you want to import a map of size 140x70 then a map of 140x70 has to be loaded before. This could be achived by started a new game with the Gigantic map option in this example.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes, sorry about that, I had put filename in angle brackets so it didn't show up. Fixed now. .

Comment

Working...
                      X