News From the CTP MP Front!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News From the CTP MP Front!

Could you guys post some of the big happenings in your games here (ie big battles, discoveries, Wonders, scores), and indicate how far into the game you are?
    (That is unless you want to keep them secret!)

Hey there.

As some knows - I just loved to use an AH tread and make it usefull (When CTP II comes out). But never the less. Here we go.

US pbem. First real war is nearly over (I think). Swissy had full control of the game when 2 replacements got into the game - that was 45-50 turns ago - maybe more. We didn't knew anything about being afraid of the leader of the world (ahmmm...).

An global alliance (just scientific) was made. I had read something about this in another tread (Mobius?). Something like 2 or 3 civs easily could make same progress in science as the one, that had LE and Edisons Lab. This I can confirm now (ok - we were 4).

Next is: When you are playing on a map with islands, it's rather cheap to attack cities on your own "homeland". In the first place.

I have had no problems to "collect" the 4 spanish cities in my game. but we have to remember, that space-age is just at the door now. It's easy to attack combined - and it's hard to defend when reinforcements are to be send over sea. It will be something different later.

So I'll surely get problems later on.

I know this will reveal lots to Swissy - but if he still, at this moment, hasn't realised what's going on - then he would loose everything anyway. I am ally with everyone except Swissy.

I did this post just to "expose" a strategy - which I'm not using in other games. Or maybe are. No one can be sure.

------------------
    Woodstock was here!
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Your not telling me anything I didn't know before. Since I had an embassy in every civ I could see how one civ would get an advance and then everyone else would have it a turn or two later. That was the main reason I switched from the Agency to GlobeSat, I didn't really need to protect my cities from tech theft and I best keep an eye out. I saw the attack comming, but there was little I could do about it as those cities were my worse production cities.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Post deleted.
        [This message has been edited by quinns (edited October 22, 2000).]

Comment

Slax, sounds like a good idea. Here goes……

Deathmatch 4 (at least I think it's four) has stopped due to Shavlor's disappearance, which is unfortunate as he was totally kicking ass! He’d just parked some cannons outside my capital when the game abruptly stopped. Bear in mind my puny population, and our best weaponry being the ability to give dirty looks!

Swissy 3 is starting to speed up a little, but there is little or no roleplay and diplomacy. If I remember rightly Swissy is the dominant force in this one, with a strongly expanding Zulu army.

Love Conquers starting to take shape, roleplay and diplomacy are ticking along nicely, but I think we need an early war just to spur everyone on a little more. Everyone is just starting to set up Embassies and so we’re all getting a good gauge of our position in the world in relation to others.

After a few wars , peace has returned to Demos Semi Acc. Mobius was unperturbed by all efforts to do him harm, and is undisputedly world leader, in territory, science, and pollution The spectre of Global Warming keeps playing hide and seek with us. We know it’s coming, but it keeps on changing as to when that will be. The environmental threat has stopped all hot wars, and warmed all cold ones. It’s also lead to a spurry of infrastructure improvement and wonder building for all four civs. But I’m sure as soon as Gaia Theory has been achieved, Mobius will be set against the rest again!

Swissy 2 is where the action is now. Sophix and Mobius have recently changed governments to Communism, leapfrogging into 1st and 3rd over myself and Lung respectively, who have recently become gripped by Fascism. Sophix has taken this opportunity to launch an offensive against me, which, he claims, is gathering momentum. This has been a peaceful game for so long I can hardly remember the last war, and so was getting a little boring. Hats off to Sophix for sparking some life into what is now my most exciting game by far. Things are about to go tits up and get messy for all. Fantastic
          Cariad,
          Demosthenes.
          _____
          www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Reports from a couple more...

HHR
            The Aztecs and the Americans are both attempting to crush the Dutch into oblivion. As far as I can tell, the Dutch have set up cities on goods that were under the control of the Americans and Aztecs, almost daring them to back down. Neither have done so. The Dutch have managed to take out quite a lot of Ameican trade routes. Based on sketchy reports, the Aztecs are managing to take a lot of Dutch cities though. Neither the Americans or Aztecs are working in tandem in this war either.

Team
            The Assyrian/Hebrew team have just initiated a major offensive against the Spanish/Viking team. The attack was launched as Emancipation was completed by the Assyrians. Six of the eight nations had been involved in heavy slaving, but the Assyrian/Hebrews managed to keep in in-house. A bit of luck occured when the largest Spanish city revolted 2 turns before the attack, due to insufficient military in the city to maintain the slave population - at least this is the assumption of the Assyrian leadership.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Firstly, a correction. Demosthenes had it right about Swissy2, but forgot one important event - the Australian conquering of the English It had to happen, i mean, Burchill was just too slow! Personally, i thought of it as a community service

----------------------------------------

Monkey2 is a one-horse race, or perhaps more appropriately, a one-Plasma Tank race Paul reached the Genetic Age before most entered the modern era Surely no one can so much as dent him from here. Two players quit early, followed by another later, so we're down to five civs, most of which are just making up the numbers!

----------------------------------------

Swissy1 has become very interesting, after a long and peaceful beginning. Two players, including the leader, dropped out in ancient times, before replacements were found. The reign of Jon of the English has been a tumultuous one, with an immediate military build-up, with only one aim in mind - war. Jon may digress, but i know the truth Anyway, a one-sided war ensued with the English conquering almost all of the Native American civilisation, despite technological and monetary help from the Australians in a valiant attempt to restore world peace.

Meanwhile, the Vikings, led by Matthew, heavily fortified the neck of the continental land bridge seperating Viking lands from England. England reciprocated, and a centuries long standoff ensued. Perhaps due to an Australian civilisation increasing the technological difference between itself and everyone else, England, led by Jon the Evil, turned it's armies towards Australia. However, far greater resistance was to be found by the Australian Defence Forces, with the war quickly degenerating into a sort of pre-trench warfare, with long sieges interdispersed by heavy bombardment to varying degrees by both sides.

To add further complexity to the proceedings, Australia signed a crucial alliance agreement with the Vikings, resulting in the centuries old deadlock between England and the Vikings being broken by the victorious Viking empire capturing the English city of Stratford.

This war has been characterised by heavy pillaging and pirating, and a great loss of life with little gains so far by any of the protagonists. It is very much in the balance, and will likely be decided by a decisive attack or counter-attack, as the current tug-of-war is not likely to achieve significant gains for anyone.

Expect this war to be long and bloody, and the eventual winner is likely to suffer severe losses in acheiving a most bloody of victories.

---------------------------------------

Then of course there is the Lungmatch tournament, which i'll leave for another day

Comment

US pbem: Hot game.

War between the spanish and the phoenicians are still hot. Though close on a peace, I decided to reduce the spanish fleet a little. Only reason to that was, that piracing cribbled my economy - I simply couldn't give the spanish what they wanted in (whats the name? war-damage-repay (krigsskadeerstatning in danish)) and keep a little saving for the next turns.

My allied keep the peace - and that's ok with me - it's my war.

Do some PBEM (called SOW): Getting hot now.

Close to war - Sow's sub Solver, was using a slaver against me. This is a crime, I'll not forget - unless the french sends the "gift" of 600 gold as demanded.

Also stop tresspass.

World Scenario: Very close to hot.

I have not decided whether to go to war yet. Until now I'll using the "war-drums" - hoping this will be to some use (for me).

Generel:

I know when I'm using "War-drums", the other players are advised, that something is comming. But that the way I like to play. And it's a way to break an alliance, when/if I think, the "returns" are not worth an alliance. Only other way is a simple attack - and again, I don't want to attack an ally without proper warning.

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

To one of the Swissy games.

A nation with a city called "Yattehyatteh" surely deserves to loose that one. No-one can be sober and still spell that name - even say it, so it's clear to normal warriors and generals, where and what it's all about?!

------------------
                  Woodstock was here!

Gandhi

Comment

This outrageous perversion of the truth cannot go unchallenged! In Swissy1 I was attacked, without provocation, by 'The Primitives' and merely reacted as any sane World Leader would and crushed them like the Bugs they were!

The Australian/Nordic Barbarian Alliance to destroy England had long been formed and only by 'proactive defence' could I hope to survive.

Only in thing does the 'Lung Creature' speak the truth and that is that the War is in the balance. I shall conquer because I am right and with truth and justice upon my side I cannot fail.

Jon the Wronged
                    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                    - Anon

Comment

Jon the Wronged?!? Pah! Jon the EVIL!! It's Jon the Evil! Get it right!

Birdman, as for Yattehyatteh, it's an aboriginal name, but i don't know it's meaning. Oops! Checking where it is, i find that it's actually spelt 'Yatteyatah'. I think it's a small town somewhere. I just found it in the postcode book, where i look for strange and unusual Australian place names for use in CTP Wow! Look at this one - Yuendumu. Cool! I'll have to use that one for my next city

Comment

Working...
                      X