How do you play a PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you play a PBEM game?

Please help me..In Detail..what is process for PBEM game...I have never played.this way before...I tried setting up one...but with the directions I recieved..I couldnt get it to work...I'm sure it wasnt him..probably me..[sigh].....if someone would please take the time..I would greatly appreciated it.

God Bless

Brother Bruce..A.K.A. DrDanger..The Original Patton...The current Red October

I did it this way.

First I only use a pc, which is NOT used for single player (fx is Apolyton pack and Wes' Med mod 4.0 (try it if single player!!!!) not installed. Only patch 1.2 and hack 1.21.

Then I just joined a new startet game (and soon joined active games as substitute).

All you do then is to open the turn (a *.csg file), that some has send you, make your moves and choices (just as a normal game) and press "N" for next turn. The game saves the game in a new csg file. Rest is to send this new file to the next in your playlist (normally it's in the filename, but substitutes and changed e-mail addresses can (and will) confuse you - that perfectly normal to all).

Most games has a 24-hour rule, means that you has to take your turn latest 24 hours after being send from your "predesessor".

Also it's normal to either use direct turnpost e-mail to inform all players in the game or post a turnmessage in the forum.

Several games like "diplomatic" challenge. This can be made secret by "private" e-mail or public in the forum. Most likely both are used.

If you have a direct line to NSA, you could problably find out, that some-to-many CTP gamers are unreliable! Just as in real world. But that's one of the most fasinating features in E-mail games.

Hope I have not written too much.......

------------------
    Woodstock was here!
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I think your problem may be that you have not installed the 1.2 Patch. The original game does not allow PBEM.
      Once you have installed the patch, you have the option of an e-mail game in the CTP startup screen.

Comment

Working...
      X