• Show
Clear All

Turn 60 sent to luk at 4/9/00 11:45pm
    [This message has been edited by Don Everitt (edited April 10, 2000).]

Comment

Luk, what do you mean by rations ?
      Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

It's been over 24 hours now and luk has not played his turn. So instead of attaching him to an ai (which i should do, to be fair to everybody). I have sent luk's turn to Klair.

Comment

Luk's turn to Slamp

Don, I think It's a great idea... I don't trust Russian AI

Comment

Turn 60 to Jon

Dear Irish, you're again in Mayan water. If you don't leave before 3 turns, I will prepare you a pretty surprise but I'm not sure you'll like it

Comment

Turn 61 to Frazer.

Greetings to my French friends! I do not recall you having advised me to expect a visit from you. Had I known I would have arranged a reception upon the newly launched IFSS Antrim so that we might meet in person to reaffirm our Peace Treaty. As a token of our admiration for you having guided your nation to it's position of World SuperPower The Antrim has been ordered to interrupt her sea-trials so as to provide you with a guard of honour through our waters. I hope soon that you will despatch an envoy so that we may enjoy full diplomatic relations.

Onto less pleasant matters,

Before the Noble Slamp begins to become fretful and takes to the issuance of threats I would suggest that he looks at the Map posted in the DC Reporter. I have already sufficient firepower in situ to grind any Mayan coastal City into dust in a single Turn. The Irish Western Fleet is due for expansion and elements of both the Northern and Southern Fleets can also be rapidly redeployed.

I have clearly stated my position on this matter. When Slavic and English Destroyers are positioned so as to forestall any surprise attack, yes I did notice your switch in Military Readiness, then I will withdraw. I have no vessels impinging upon any Productive Square but am merely guarding the potential avenues of attack.

Should you wish to convert this 'war of words' into a real one then I will oblige by flattening every West Coast City that you possess. Do not underestimate the power of 6 Battleships, for that is what you now face, with but a lowly Phalanx!

Ireland may not have the huge modern Army that others do. She may lack the grand Cities and great population of other more prosperous lands but she is far ahead in Science and possesses sufficient resourses to put that knowledge to work. She also has the resolve to turn her words into deeds!

Taosoich Jon, IFS

Comment

Turn 61 ==> Klair

Comment

Sorry I had a technical problems and Im back I will send the statement for a while

Good Klair that you played for me
                  "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

Turn 61 to Ed

You're welcome Luk

Comment

turn to Don last night.

Comment

You mean this morning Ed, at precisely 10:44 AM

We hope that cool heads will prevail until a peacekeeping force has arrived in the latest area of conflict.

Turn 61 to Luk.

Comment

What's the hold up Luk?

You said you posted the Turn on Wednesday!

Comment

I just sent a copy of Luks turn to Klair. Maybe I should starting sending them both a copy.
                            [This message has been edited by Don Everitt (edited April 13, 2000).]

Comment

Turn received from Luk last night and sent to Jon this morning.

Jon, I discover a ship (destroyer) just at the border, hopefully on your water but
                              your ship of the line is still here and block the channel between both Mayan's islands. You seem that you don't want to move it, so I asked the first minister of my government to change our strategy. We will not prepare war but we will build some naval units and a pretty surprise especialy for you
                              [This message has been edited by slamp (edited April 14, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 62 to Frazer.

Slamp, Leader of the Mighty Mayans.

I have gifted you a Map this Turn. If you study this you will see that only 1 Irish B/S is still at sea, and that is heading back to port. 1 SotL is, I believe, still in Mayan Waters but that is only because of it's slow movement rate but you will note that your channel is now clear and it will also have returned to Irish Waters next turn. I will offer an exchange of Maps next turn which, if you accept it, will verify this.

I have achieved all that I set out to do and with the arrival of a neutral monitoring force from England and SFU can be assured that Ireland is safe from a surprise attack.

I had no wish to provoke a War that I am fully aware that Ireland could never hope to win. I lead a very weak nation that must rely on Sea Power alone to ensure her safety. I also realise that upon the commencement of any such War I would have had not only the Mayans alone to deal with.

All Ireland can ever do is make a War against her very very expensive to win. I can lay waste to many Cities if I choose but I could never hope to prevail. Ireland cannot compete in production or manpower and this I freely admit. I have increased my state of alert to 'War Readiness' in case you choose to pursue this matter further. I will reduce this the moment I see that you too have returned to 'At Peace' status.

I repeat, I know that Ireland could never win a War with you but do know that she could make any War very very expensive for you to win. I hope that we can now return to harmonious neighbourly relations.

Taosoich Jon, IFS.

Comment

Working...
                                X