• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex's Human Race PBEM

The game has officially started.

ADDITIONAL RULE
    -----------------------
    In playtesting, I was able to seriously weaken another player on the first turn with a bit of luck - I was able to destroy several of his settlers before he was able to even move, by being fortunate enough to locate him with the scout unit and then send in my settlers to build cities adjacent to his settlers and then use the created phalanxes to kill them. The map is small enough for that to happen.

Therefore, there will be a 3 turn grace period allowing everyone to get their cities set up - which means no attacks. After that, everything is fair game. (You will still have 500+ turns to try to kill one another).

LOADING YOUR TURN FILE
    ----------------------------------
    For those not familiar with the Apolyton setup, you will need to download your turn into a 'saved game' folder - the folders that hold all your in-progress single-player games. You will then need to launch a separate Apolyton game to activate the Apolyton coding - then load your PBEM gamefile. The game will crash if you simply double-click on the PBEM turn file. (which is what you normally do if you were using the default setups instead of the Apolyton setup)

If you cannot post on Apolyton, email me with a turn notification - and notify me with any file problems.

Turn 0 -> George Bush (aka Phil) of the Americans
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Turn 0 --> Donicus

I run into some problems but I managed to get over them.

Comment

Turn 0 to Mark

What kind of problems?

Comment

I didn't have the 5 settler apolyton quick start only the 10 settler quick start but I got it to work. Hex also sent me the 5 settler sceinario. Don't worry I didn't get 10 settlers.

Comment

FYI - Mark has had trouble with his turn and is working on the problem. Once we get everyone past the first turn, then the game will proceed smoothly (I hope...)

Thanks for your patience
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Turn 1 -> Phil

Comment

Turn 1 --> Don

Comment

Turn 1 to Mark

Comment

Turn 1 Mike -> Hex

I'm having problems accessing my hotmail account - I get a message that the server is temporarily down - so I will try again tomorrow morning...

Sorry
                  Hex

Comment

Back up..

Turn 2 -> Phil

Comment

Turn 2 --> Don

Comment

Turn 2 from Don -> Mike -> Hex

Comment

Turn 3 -> Phil

Comment

Turn 3 --> Don
                            I still haven't seen another player yet. I guess that is good though

Comment

Turn 4 --> Don

Comment

Working...
                              X