Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modpicker problems - all PBEMers read

To all PBEMers

I decided to try loading the Modpicker program, as it seemed to offer the ability to use a single installed version of CTP with all the mods, instead of using a dual setup that I am currently using. I maintained a backup of my setup for my PBEMs, in case the program didn't work. Well after the install, I tried to run my PBEM files. The normal PBEM files ran OK without a hitch, as well as the semi-Accl files, but my Apolyton Pack games would crash. ''OK - no problem,'' I thought - ''I'll just uninstall everything and go back to my regular setup''

This is when the problems started. I uninstalled CTP, and the Modpicker, and did a complete reinstall of everything. When I tried to relaunch my PBEM files, I kept getting a message that I needed to reinstall Modpicker. I tried opening gamefiles that had not been opened earlier in the day - same problem. Worse, I had a copy of several older gamefiles on a floppy that I used to transport the files from downloading from work. I tried loading them - same problem - and these files had not been on my system at all yesterday. I also noticed that the file icons had changed to something different - instead of a icon of a page, it looked like an icon of the ctp logo.

My suspicion is that if a player has Modpicker, then all players within the game will need it. Needless to say, this will have ramifications to the entire PBEM community.

If anyone else has had experience with Modpicker, post any and all suggestions here, because I may have to drop out of all my PBEMs if this issue isn't resolved.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Please read my reply in the CTP-General forum.

Comment

The solution works, but the Modpicker does not support games started through the Apolyton Pack - my guess is because some of the files are read through the default setup and some through the Apolyton Pack
      [This message has been edited by hexagonian (edited June 25, 2000).]
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
      X