6 to 8 player online game! one game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 to 8 player online game! one game!

I WOULD LIKE TO SET-UP AN 6 TO 8 PLAYER SHORT GAME IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. THE SETTINGS FOR THIS GAME ARE SIMPLE...DIETY..RAGING BARBS..SMALL WORLD (DOUGHNUT)...NO WONDERS...ALL SLIDERS TO THE FAR LEFT..I BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN GET UP TO 8 ON A BOARD AT A TIME...AI WILL HAVE TO START BUT WE CAN HOLD THE TURNS UNTIL EVERYONE IS IN. THIS IS RATHER ADVANCED SETTINGS AND IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU CAN HANDLE PLEASE TRY AGAINST AI ON DIETY...IF YOU CANT WIN THAT GAME DONT BOTHER PUTING A FOLLOW UP MESSAGE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WANTED...IM SURE THAT THIS ISNT MOST PLAYERS FAVORITE GAME SETTING BUT IT IS MY CHALLENGE OUT TO YOU...THE MASTERS OF CTP! I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY THIS GAME WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS PROBABLY STARTING EARLY AFTERNOON ON A SUNDAY STANDARD EASTERN TIME (US. PLEASE LIST YOUR NAME, THEN ICQ ME OR E-MAIL ME. I FULLY EXPECT TO SEE PIN AND TAL ON THIS LIST..GAME SHOULD TAKE LESS THAN 1 DAY ABOUT 4-7 HOURS TO COMPLETE..............LATER!

------------------
    AKA WIL, AKA MINOR-THREAT.
    PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES
    PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES

100% ocean on small map - game of chance - some r lucky with start location, some not
    8 players in diety - 16 hours before gunpowder - prety boaring.
    otherwise good idea

Comment

I agree with 007
      I think you should play with less players
      maybe 4 players on that map would work.
      and I won't play with the AI since they start with at least two setters and plus they have a hugh military bonus. So if someone starts next to the AI the other people have a hugh advantage.
      just some thoughts

Comment

Hey OJ, I really don't have time to play, but why do you type in a caps, it's kind of annoying.

Comment

It's hard on the eyeballs.

Comment

IT'S FOR MAXIMUM IMPACT. ARE YOU GUYS DUMB OR WHAT?!?!??

Comment

I have researched the game settings Minor-Threat has suggested. I have been unable to get more than 5 civs to set-up. Also, if you use more than 4 players at diety level, the players that start at AI get more advances and start with PW. So you may be stuck with using 4 civs, which will still make for a good game.

Most of the games I generated had at least two civs starting on a major island, uniform setting of zero insures there will be one island of about a dozen squares in size. The other two civs are usually on a three to five square island. The zero uniform setting also tends to bunch the islands together and leave a large(60%) area of deep ocean. This cuts the play area down even further.

Another tendency was to rarely have a river, which may eliminate the "host advantage". In the games I have played, the host usually gets a forested river, one of the perks built into the game to give the human in the single player version a good start. I do not know if the lack of land or the uniformity factor accounts for this.
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

THANX FOR THE ALL THE INPUT BUT IT REALLY WASNT NEGOTIABLE...I C THE POINT THAT...DIETY WOULD GIVE THE OTHER 4 PLAYERS AN ADVANTAGE...HMMM TOO BAD MAYBE ONLY 4 OTHERS CAN PLAY..SOUNDS GOOD TO ME...AS FAR AS BORING GOES...REST ASSURE THAT THIS WILL BE AN INTENSE GAME...A CHESS GAME OF SORTS..ALSO W/ 4 PLAYERS I WOULD SAY MAXIMUM OF 8 HOURS TO PLAY...MAX..

I TYPE WITH CAPITALS BECAUSE SHIFT LOCK IS ON AND I AM TO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF. IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE INTEREST TO PLAY LET ME KNOW MAYBE 4 CAN PLAY THIS WEEKEND..JUST FOR KICKS...PLAY TO MANY MEANINGLESS GAMES THAT NEVER END ANYWAY...

LATER - -

------------------
                PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

Comment

MAYBE UNIFORMITY TO THE FAR RIGHT...I GUESS I LIKE EXTREMES...MIGHT BE BETTER..I LL TRY IT
                  PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

Comment

Actually, you have to fiddle with the handicapping. Any AI you set up at diety will get 10 advances and 100PW. I have tested these settings and anytime you create such severe conditions, the host benefit increases.
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

hey wil
                      didn't get a leave until today.....
                      i am sort of in this game, but i got to agree to the others about the luck/ai advantage these settings make...

but after all i would want to play this game for old times and maybe it will get fun

------------------
                      veni, vidi, vici
                      icq #51862133
                      pint@c2i.net
                      http://gameleague.apolyton.net
                      veni, vidi, vici
                      icq #51862133
                      pint@c2i.net

Comment

HELL YEAH PIN....

PLAYING A COUPLE LARGER GAMES RIGHT NOW..HARD TO CONTINUE...YODA IS GIVING ME A NICE RUN FOR THE MONEY...TWO OTHERS DROPPED OUT BUT EITHER ONE OF US COULD OF ENDED THEIR CIVS IN A MATTER OF 4 OR 5 TURNS...I BELIVE ONE WAS ERIC..WAS CRASHING ALOT..AND OTHER WAS SUEGON (OR SOMETHING..NOT VERY GOOD)

PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

Comment

send em an msg when you get online(i'm on icq) then we can just play a game
                          veni, vidi, vici
                          icq #51862133
                          pint@c2i.net

Comment

Working...
                          X