Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 2 ==> Jon

Yeah verily, contact with the Incans has proved that the rumours of their luscious land are true. We envisage the Incans thriving and prospering in their new home.

In a recent statement to the nation, the Welsh Home Improvement Planning Service (WHIPS) reported a structural defect in all granary structures. For health and safety reasons these buildings have been withdrawn from service and demolished. The government, presently undergoing changes of it's own, have made it clear that although they consider this to be a setback, they still feel that this does not affect their immediate plans.

Welsh leader Demosthenes stated: "The loss of production suffered by our cities is disappointing, but we have to ensure that all construction is of a high standard. We must ensure the health and safety of our people, and these structures were a hazard. It will mean a slight delay in our current plans, but we do not beleive that it will be of any consequence to the overall outcome."

The government today announced plans for every new construction to be built at a slower rate to ensure the quality of all future buildings.

[This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited March 24, 2000).]
    Cariad,
    Demosthenes.
    _____
    www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Turn 2 to Caligula

Greetings noble Romans!

Chief Jon is eager to meet you and has meanwhile sent forth a proposal for a Peace Treaty which he earnestly hopes you will sign so that we may both prosper in this strange new land.

Emporer are the rumours regarding your strange practices with Incitatus true? We certainly hope not for we regard are Llamas as sacred and any who would lie with his horse must be kept away from our own livestock. This is a proviso of our Peace Treaty - No molestation of our beasts of the field!

Poor impoverished Welsh, we pity you in your mud huts lacking even room for your flocks of Sheep to gamble upon.

Comment

Greetings also unto the leader of the Incans!

We welcome the peace that you so humbly offer and agree to this treaty in the hopes that eternal friendship shall spring forth from this seed!

Caligula is however irked concerning the implied slur regarding how we might conduct ourselves with the fauna of this most beautiful of Worlds...

Galigula therefore refuses to allow you a glimpse of the bounty in which the Romans live...

Furthermore, if Caligula perceives any more disrespect emanating from the Incan lands, he will believe his consideration of the Incans as his friends a misguided one.

Caligula awaits further developments between our two peoples with interest!

MOBIUS
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Noble Caligula

Believe not that we are slandering your good name but merely that strange rumours had reached Cuzco regarding your unusually strong affection for your horse.

Some might say that it be strange that you should name a horse as Consul or that you should lie abed with him but we never!

Wr simply request that you should not allow your eyes to stray upon our Llamas who are innocent and unversed in the equine arts of giving pleasure unto man.

Chief Jon

Comment

Oh my! What's all this bestiality business? Sickening. Noble Jon of the Incans, do you have any proof of the Romans animal abuse? Such activity has never been commited in Wales!
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____

Comment

Enough of these rumours!

Merely cast about by those jealous of the fact that Incitatus holds office in the Senate as Consul...

Such is the gossip spread by the vile underclasses - I expected better from the leader of the incas, now it seems that the Llama has indeed shown it's spots!

It must get awfully cold in the Andes herding Llamas, especially when so far away from civilisation...?

Caligula is not amused that this topic is once more the subject of debate...

MOBIUS

Comment

Turn 3 ==> Demosthenes

The Egyptians have wonderful land and have seen no neighbors. They hear rumours of strange sexual acts in other countries, but don't understand the involvement of males with horses, females with horses on the other hand...
                Sorry

Comment

Why were we having all the debate about this game and who is threatening to quit?

I thought all the problems had been resolved at the end of Turn 0 and therefore even if anyone had one free improvement there is no way that they could unknowingly have constructed a second. Also was it not stated that in this game it was only Demos who had benefitted from the bug and that he would, and has, simply sell his Granaries off.

This all seems very trivial for people to start issuing threats and peronally I would say that I really don't think I will miss the company of someone who is going to adopt such a childish attitude.

Either all benefit or none do and we had agreed, I thought, that in this game none would.

Bad feeling and ill will are the last things that any game needs and will destroy everyone's fun. The issuance of threats to 'leave if I don't get my way' is hardly likely to foster a spirit of fun. This is a GAME and not a life or death struggle so if one person will not go with the flow I say **** Off and good riddance to them.

Sorry to be so blunt but thats the way I feel.

Comment

Turn 3 to Caligula.

We, the friendly tender's of Llama and Alpaca are pleased that the Romans have accepted our Peace Treaty though somewhat disappointed that they refuse to exchange cartographic information.

We hope he who doth mount his steed in an unorthodox fashion is not become vexed at perceived insults from us.

This is not true! Caligula you are an example to all men and your love of animals does you nothing but credit.

Chief Jon.

Comment

Turn 3 to the Assyrians...

Emperor Caligula wishes it to be known that Chief Jon's comments regarding his rumoured relationship with a fellow consul member are deeply derogatory towards the Senate and therefore the people of Rome...

Emperor Caligula tires of the trivial and troublesome way the incan leader conducts his foreign affairs and supposes that this is an elaborate attempt to draw matters away from his own state 'affairs'???

Emperor Caligula will offer no further recourse regarding this subject as it is beneath even his contempt...

Emperor Caligula expects Chief Jon to do the same regarding this matter.

Emperor Caligula is surprised by the Assyrians abstinence regarding certain agreements upheld by the rest of the Civilisations of this fair World. Emperor Caligula is confident in his own Divine abilities and calls into question whether the leader of the Assyrians is confident in is albeit less than divine abilities???

Emperor Caligula expects to see proof that this is so and would be ashamed to see an abdication like some mangy Lapdog running away with it's tail between it's legs... Although this would potentially mean the emergence of a new more capable Leader taking the reigns - so not necessarily a bad thing...

MOBIUS

Comment

Ok, I've given Krzystoff time to reply, and he hasn't, so I'm turning the game over to Rick.

Anyone disagree? If so then post here asap as I just want to get this game flowing again.
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____

Comment

Mobius,

Please send the Assyrian turn to Rick at this address:
                          torick1@earthlink.net

I have heard nothing from Kryzstoff, so Rick has the Assyrians now.

Lets get this game working again.
                          Cariad,
                          Demosthenes.
                          _____

Comment

Oh Emperor Caligula is VERY disappointed...

Where are the tales of vicious house to house fighting? The pillaging or senseless slaughter!!???

A Bloodless coup in Assyria - Oh what a waste!

Welcome Rick - new ruler of Assyria!

May your wise and just example lead the Assyrian people out from the dark in which they have languished...

MOBIUS

Turn 3 --> Rick

Comment

turn3 (is that right?)--> Sophanthro

I wish to convey my greetings and salutations to all the esteemed rulers of this lovely world. I have as yet only caught a glimpse of my neighbors (and I hope, friends), the noble Romans, but wish to greet you all in peace in the near future. Let me now tell you of the events that transpired this evening:

After some initial problems with the keys to the cities, I was finally able to get in, and rode into my new kingdom this evening.

And not a minute too soon, I might add! The living conditions of my poor subjects were appalling. A child huddled in a doorway looked up at me with dazed eyes and asked if I had, perhaps, a scrap of soggy bread?

"I'll do better than that, child" I cried. "For behold, your new King Rick is here, and from now on, things will be different!"

"I hereby decree that new granaries be built, to replace the leaky, mold-infested one of old. And soon, new city walls, built of stone, and not upon your tears and misery"

"A new day hath come. Kiss your head-lice goodbye, folks! Good times are just around the corner"

And with that, I bade them goodnight, and left for the Royal Treasury to count my gold.

Comment

Turn 4 ==> Demosthenes

The Egyptian government immediately recognized the new head of state of Assyria, even though they have not seen Assyria or for that matter any other Civilization, except for catching a glimpse of the Incans from off the port bow of thier now sunk transport.

BTW I tested it and you can now just double click on the PBEM to open it. Of course the first person to do this will see SLIC errors but they can just open the game and it will play fine. After they do this anyone can double click on the game and it will open fine.
                                [This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited March 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                                X