online game during weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online game during weekend?

I would love to play a multiplayer CTP online! If one or more of you are interested, then let us get started! I haven't played CTP online yet, so I would be grateful if someone with experience from it would make suggestions about how to set it all up.

I have plenty of time this weekend, until Monday, and hope that the game can take place sometime then. (the sooner the better!)

Ok, lets play, but when?

"We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

As said, I'm available anytime from now until Monday evening. Suggest a setup (mod's, map parameters etc) and I will check back here shortly.

Do you wanna play one on one (+AI) or wait for additional players?

Comment

We could play today at 22.00 of Polish time

We have to choose the server in which we will play...
        and the rest we will estavilish when we will meet at 22.00
        It would be great when other players would join us
        "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

Wow, that was a quick response!

Could you deal with the server-issue, since I havn't done it before?

And great, we will meet at 22:00 Central European Time. (I'll check back before that too).

Comment

Do you have ICQ...?

Comment

Count me in.
              Let me know the server and I will join you.

Comment

You're heartly welcome (to be crushed in battle)!

And NOW I have got ICQ# 71548511.

How experienced are you (two) in CTP? Have you played many multiplayer games?

Comment

Online game at server California 12 at 22:00 CET (that is in less than an hour, 15:00 Apolyton time, whatever zone that is).

Three players so far, and more are welcome!
                  Details to be agreed upon there and then.

Comment

Again, I'm searching for players to join an online game. Today, Sunday or tomorrow Monday...

Post, mail or ICQ me ASAP!

(Why isn't online gaming more popular? It's great fun!)

Comment

So, how did the game go?

------------------
                      Greetings,
                      Earthling7
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I didn't see your reply, Earthling, because the thread has been somewhat outdated. How the game was? Well, the game was interrupted before modern time (or if that specific game was the one where we couldn't even find each other in the "server lobbies"...)

To play an online game to the end, is more difficult than one could think. Most players you meet in the "lobbies" quit before 100 turns. And the rest of the games are interrupted because of bugs, after which the players don't find each other again soon enough, but start new games (or go to bed, what do I know).

And finding players (I'd like to play against 3 other humans) who really want to play a game to the end (or a few hundred turns at least) is not so easy. This forum, for example, is obviously only about those eternal PBEM games.

Meeting physically and playing on a LAN is probably the only realistic way of multiplayer CTP. And that is practical!

Do you have any idea?

Comment

Working...
                        X