Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanibal Turn Post

And we've begun!! Yaaay!

Hopefully everyone has received an email from me notifying them that the game has officially started, giving them the names and addresses of their fellow players, and containing a special note regarding Apolyton games. If you have not, or if you still have any questions regarding the game please email me.

turn 0-->Creator

Hi, Info for another player's:

Nick: Creator
    Civ: Assyrians
    E-mail: Krzysiekc@systembureau.com

( turn 0 ---> Creator ? ) hymm... I don't recive this file, please resend it... ( meybe mistake in E-mail addres ? )

[This message has been edited by Krzysztof (edited March 27, 2000).]

Comment

I've resent turn 0 again. Don't understand why you didn't receive the other but then again strange things abound in life.

Comment

Turn 0 ---> Americans Ruler
        The: genesis book: In the day of creation world, Friendly Deity cast small group Assyrians people on forest with great, Holy River. Creator rightful Assyrian ruler callet it- Euphrates....

[This message has been edited by Krzysztof (edited March 27, 2000).]

Comment

Cool roleplaying Krzysztof! Nice to see that someone has startet the tradition already. I encourage everyone to follow, as it will make the game MUCH more interesting and fun to be in

The Nord-mod will only kick in in the games startet with the mod installed, right Hanibal?

Notunwelcome
          [This message has been edited by Notuncommon (edited March 27, 2000).]
          Regards
          Notuncommon

Comment

Unlike some mods this won't just 'kick-in' at some point and then drop at another. The trade goods will be changed from the begining of the game and remain so until the end. However, not all the old familiar goods are gone. Many are still with us, just with different stats on production, food, and gold values.

Since there are several players in this game who are also in the WWPbem game I suggest that we begin to put some sort of identification of which game it is in the subject line of the email we send (ex. WWPbem turn 1). Just a thought.

John (Americans) is having some sort of problem with his turn. I'm looking into it and will let everyone know when/if I can get a solution to it. This is a pretty new mod so it really doesn't surprise me to find a kink in it. I beg everyone's patience and forgiveness while I track down and exterminate this bug.

Ditto from here on the roleplaying Kry!

Comment

Ok, I've done a little research and I think I've managed to track down both the cause of the problem and a simple work-around solution. First of all, it's not Nordicus' trade goods that is causing it, it's the Apolyton pack itself, actually to be more specific it's the 1.2 official patch that was released by Activision (big surprise there huh?). Seems it wasn't 100% compatible with new scenarios (big drawback for a patch that was designed specifically to allow new scenarios).

What's happening is that whenever someone tries to load a game that was created in an Apolyton scenario the game might not be able to read the files it's supposed to read and you'll get a nice long list of SLIC errors telling you the game doesn't know what the hell you're trying to do with all these brand new Apolyton units like siege engine and noble. Then it'll crash! Boom!

Fortunately, it has a very simple solution. When you start up CTP, before you load a game using a scenario created with the Apolyton pack (like our PBEM game), create a brand new game from scratch using Apolyton's 'naked game' scenario. This loads everything it needs into memory. It's sort of like priming a pump. Once that is done you're all set to go back and load your actual turn (remember that as I stated in an earlier email the file needs to be under: Program Files/Activision/Civilization-Call To Power/ctp-program/ctp/save/games).

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the bug causes to anyone but I purposely chose to have the PBEM game use the Apolyton pack because the trade goods for the pack won't affect anyone's 'standard' games. That is, since we're using the AP pack and the Trade Goods for the AP pack any standard games you might have will be totally unaffected. If we'd the gone the other way and had the Trade Goods for the standard version then you could possibly run into problems with any games you were playing with someone not running the trade goods (see, I'm looking out for you guys).

Once again I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

Thanks Hanibal, I'll try that.
                I've had those "slic" problems too. I was told that i had to load a single player game first, but they didn't tell me that the game had to be a scenario (so much for precise help around here )

Notuncommon
                Regards
                Notuncommon

Comment

Good news, bad news situation. Good news is that it appears that John was able to get the file to work and has sent it on to Notuncommon. Bad news is that now Notuncommon is having problems. I'm working on it and hope to have things in order as quickly as possible. In the meantime I thank everybody for their patience.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post as soon as I sent the turn but I'm with the program now.

Comment

Ticktoct If you too busy, We can place a IA insterad of You.

Comment

Turn 0 -> Burchill

Sorry for the delay guys

Whoopee! I've installed all components on my computer so that we now can proceed with the game, hopefully problem free

Notunhappy
                        [This message has been edited by Notuncommon (edited March 31, 2000).]
                        Regards
                        Notuncommon

Comment

no probs so far

turn 1 --> hanibal

Comment

Whoopiee! The game's back on track!

Well the first turn has been a bit slow making the rounds but to tell the truth I rather expected it to be that way. Hopefully now that it's made it all the way around things will go smoother.

I'd like to thank everybody for being patient this week and to thank each and every player here for participating.

Comment

Hanibal, the tyrant ruler of the Phoenician people, officially dedicated the newly constructed capitol building at Baalbek today. Standing before a cheering audience estimated at over 2,000 he gave an impassioned speech which at times seemed directed not at the crowd before him but at the his rival heads of state.

In his address he outlined future policy directions for his government, announced the formation of the PLC, made a strong commitment to free trade, and issued a stern warning to those practicing the institution of slavery.

As of now it is still too early to know what reaction his speech may generate from abroad, but the response is expected to be a strong one.

Space constraints prevent us from enclosing a copy of his speech here. However, a full text of his address is freely available via email upon request.

Oh, yeah Turn 1--->Creator
                              [This message has been edited by Hanibal (edited April 01, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X