Anybody want to start a PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to start a PBEM?

Hi. I've just returned to CTP after a long hiatus from the game. One of the things that lured me back is all the wonderful Mods that have put out. Currently I am running with the 1.2 patch, 1.21 Hack, and Wes' Med Mod 3.0 (and all it includes: CDsMod, Harlan's graphics, AweseomAAIP, PowerSLICS 2000, a modified Nordicus trade goods and of coursed the Medieval Mod itself--I think that covers everything in the download).

I haven't tried out the multiplayer aspects of CTP and I'm itching to give it a try. Anybody out there want to start up a PBEM using the above mentioned mods? (1.2, Hack1.21 and Medmod 3.0)

If so let's get some discussion going..

Look forward to hearing from you..

-Jack

PS: My preferences for a game are:
    - The aforementioned (twice) patches/mods
    - 4 human players and a handful of AIs to spice things up (They are much more competitive with the medmod..much, much more)
    - Regular size map
    - tends towards drier and 3 or 4 continents as opposed to 1 big one or many islands
    - low trade goods
    - Barbarians-no pref

I am amenable to just about any changes from those preferences however.
    [This message has been edited by Lord Jack (edited April 05, 2000).]

I am interested, but when do you plan on starting? I plan on installing the Med Mod (or attempting to) this weekend. Would like to play with at least one evening to see if I've got it right.

If you are planning on starting this week, I may have to sit this out. I would hate to start a game and find out I am having problems.

Also, if you (or other players) have been running the mods for some time, I may be fodder for the rest of y'all while I 'recalibrate' to the new environment.

I have no problems with the proposed settings.

Train

Comment

I have absolutely no time table in mind for starting a game. IMO PBEMs take so long to play anyway that I don't mind waiting a week or so to collect players.

I just installed the Med Mod last night so have no fears that I am going to be more proficient with it than you. I plan on putting some hours in on it this weekend to get more familiar.

Also, I'm completely new to playing CTP against human opponents so I think that I'll probably be the one who ends up fodder until I rethink my ingrained strategies.

-Jack

Comment

Just posting to say that there are still only two of us and that I am still looking for two more people to play in a PBEM...

Comment

Ok, Lord Jack, you've found another one ...

Just tell me, where to download the Mods. I only have the 1.2 patch.
          Visit my Band-Homepage www.lostinnocence.de

Comment

Me too!

Question: Would the Med Mods interfere with normal PBEM games not using Med Mods?

Rgds,

Comment

I do not know if the mods affect already started PBM games. I think I have seen this addressed somewhere in the forums, but do not remember the answer. I will try to look around and find out. Anybody else that is reading this know the answer off the top of their head?

It looks like we have four now, assuming no problems with started PBM games for Diablo. I have none going (this will be a first). It looks like we are spread out a little geographically, which should help, I guess. I am assuming will we move Germany, London, Texas, Colorado and see if we can manage to get a move a day in.

Lord Jack: Do you want to discuss everything over E-mail and set this up? I think everyone has theirs available. I am not real particular as to the settings, but what usually works better for PBM? I am still new to the Mod, although I have played a couple partial games. It seems that the impact of goods are greatly reduced, at least early in the game.

Aaginor: All the patches and Mods are available at download section of Apolyton's site.

I'll wait to hear from y'all.....

Train
              [This message has been edited by TrainWreck20 (edited April 17, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X