APQS part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 47 -> Jon, Germans
    Nobody interested for my doarder agreements?
    Any fast turns this weekend?
    One Life One Game...

Comment

Turn 47 to Don.

Honourable Greeks.

I would be more than delighted to hear your border proposals. I am certain that we will be able to come to a satisfactory arrangement and Greek and German can grow and prosper in harmony.

Technical Note.

Is there any reason that anyone can think of as to why when I went into my Civ screen to analyse my current financial situation my research time to next advance by jumped by 40 Turns! This put it some 30 turns further from achievement than when I had started the research.

I had altered nothing before doing this except add an additional Trade Route which if anything I would have thought would have marginally helped rather than hindered my science level.

There were no riots, no wage increases and though one Settler was produced the city increased in size by one anyway. Nothing altered until I went into that screen.

Is this a bug with CD or is there some rational explanation as this has really hit my R&D very badly indeed.

Comment

Technical reply:

What was your cash situation? You must have a positive cash flow to have your gold count for science. The game figures turns until next advance based on the current situation. If you had negative cash flow, the game assumes it will continue every turn, and thus figures the turns until next advance based on no gold being available.

If you had positive cash flow, I am as mystified as you are.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

turn 48 to tilemacho
          Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

Turn send
            One Life One Game...

Comment

Turn -> Slamp
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Turn 48 to Don

Technical Note.

Swissy, I had positive cash flow and had conducted no rush builds, though a couple of buildings had completed, a Temple and a Granary, that is hardly likely to have had any impact. That is the really weird thing, as I said absolutely nothing had changed with the exception of the addition of a new Trade Route which can only be positive! Hothing changed until I opened that screen.

The good thing this turn, but just as strange, is that the Time to New Tech has crashed back down by 56 Turns for, again, no apparent reason. No new Marketplaces or Banks and even a Riot to contend with, surely a negative! Needless to say I did not open the Civ Screen this time.

I'm obviously much happier with this mysterious event but still would very much like to know WHY!!!!

Comment

Turn 49 to Tilemacho

Comment

Turn 49 -> Jon, Germans
                    Celebration Day!!! Greece has now 100 citizens
                    (that is population 1.000.000)

Greek people welkome Atzec diplomat. We hope he brings peace amoge our Nations.

Hmm, I see Aztecs scientists work really hard...damn London Exchange...

[This message has been edited by Tilemacho (edited March 13, 2000).]
                    One Life One Game...

Comment

Turn 49 to Don

We ask permission of the Greeks to establish an Embassy with them.

Comment

Turn 50 -> Slamp

Comment

Turn 50 to Tilemacho

Comment

Turn 50 -> Jon, Germans
                            One Life One Game...

Comment

Turn 50 to Don

Comment

Turn 50 To Swissy

Comment

Working...