I have a PBEM problem, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a PBEM problem, please help.

I’ve got a problem with PBEM games that maybe someone could help me with.

When I originally installed the 1.2 patch double clicking on the PBEM .csg file automatically started CTP and opened the game.

After having problems with my computer I had to start from scratch and reinstall CTP and the 1.2 and 1.21 patches.

Now when I double click a PBEM turn it starts CTP but does not automatically open the game. I can still play my turn by copying the turn into my Game\saves folder but that is a pain.

So I tried unistalling/installing again with no luck.

I then did a find in the registry for ‘CTP’ and there was a key for auto_ open or something similar which had my CTP installed on the my D: drive. which makes sense because it briefly was on my D, but now it’s on my C:.

So I did the foolish thing and deleted the line from my registry.

I then uninstalled CTP, deleted the Activision folder from my program Files Folder and reinstalled everything again thinking this would replace the registry line I deleted with a line pointing to the right file.

Now the .csg file type is not even registered as a CTP file and so double clicking on the file does not even start CTP.

Maybe you can run regedit and find out what needs to be in there.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Cheers,
    Frazer
    [This message has been edited by Frazer (edited December 04, 1999).]

Hi,
    You can find some informations into \call to power\help\readme.doc

I think, when .csg isn't define, runing ctp
    one times will add the right string for csg in the registry.

Hope this help,

slamp
    Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

I'm not really sure about this, but as you say after installing the 2.1 patch CTP writes
      to the registry the next time you start CTP.

This time I only installed the 2.1 patch before starting the game again and now it
      works. Maybe if you install the 2.12 patch without starting the game first it does not
      write to registry.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X