Monkey's PBEM turns update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey's PBEM turns update...

Ok i posted the first game already... if this is not working then consider this first game a trial run...

turn 0; Monkey => robm

Person to look out for is Ed... which have not responded to my e-mails as yet but I've put him in anyway. I've tried my best to order players based on timezones and I just hope I converted all the times right!
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

I've taken my turn. The game started and played flawlessly. Way to go Activision!

I downloaded Monkeys game, executed it from my hard drive using the run command. It automatically started CTP as it should, and loaded the game. I took my turn, the game automatically saved after I clicked end, and then I quit CTP. Then I sent the game off to the next player.

So:
    Turn 0; Robm => WIL

This should be fun!

Comment

I SEE MASS PROBLEMS, WITH PBEM!!! I WILL POST IN THE OTHER SECTION.

Sorry, i took my turn about two hours ago, forgot to post.

Turn 0: WIL > ED

Comment

Something downloaded from my server but mysteriously never appeared in my inbox. Was it the game ?

If so please e-mail it again.

Thanks.

Comment

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO AGAIN....ED IS HAS TASTED THE LEATHER OF A BOOT.....GAME PASSED TO BECKY OF THE ENGLISH.....FISH N' CHIPS....BLOODY RIGHT....

TURN 0 WIL> BECKY

Comment

Turn 0 sent to Luk

Comment

Turn sent to Butch
              Luk
              "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

turn 0; Butch => Frazer

Question: Is it a random thing whether you get one or 2 settlers to start? Sometimes I get 1, sometimes 2...just wondering
                Butch McReynolds

Comment

Turn 0; Frazer => Monkey
                  The circle is complete (at last)
                  [This message has been edited by Frazer (edited September 03, 1999).]

Comment

[This message has been edited by Frazer (edited September 03, 1999).]

Comment

Sorry everyone for the absence. I moved to a new city the week you guys started. I now have my computer set up in a corner as we continue to unpack. I will be checking my e-mail at least once a day.

Sorry for the problems I caused.

Ed

Comment

Congratulations people, the first turn has ended and it has only taken us one day...well after we had to skip Ed(aka Duck Hunter... nice name ) I'm glad to hear from Ed... and I move to reinstate him in this game... the only thing I fear is that it might screw up the timing of the order since Ed has moved to a different city...however Wil just try and reinstate Ed and we will see how the turns go...

Wil, can you type /detach 4 during your go and resume sending the game to Ed...?

turn 1 sent to robm

Ed, if you want i could put you into my second PBEM game instead as one of the players have dropped out....it is a CD's mod game but one player has e-mailed me about the incompatibility problems between CD's mod or Apolyton pack and PBEM in CTP... so this 2nd game might turn out to be a default Activision game after all.
                        Monkey I am proud to be!
                        ...Stefu

Comment

Turn 1 Robm => WIL

All is looking good. Something strange I noticed. When I download the game from Monkey it is 179K, but when I upload it to WIL, it is 139K. Has anyone else noticed it? I wonder if it has to do with that type of conversion it is going through, i.e., Binhex, MIME, etc...

Comment

TURN ONE, SENT TO ED, I added Ed back as you can tell.

Comment

Got the file. Took my turn. When it came to me, Wil said it was turn #2. The file that saved and I sent to Becky (just minutes ago) said turn 1. Is it because it was my first played turn?

Also, I'm PINK, darn! 'tis okay.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X