Monkey's 2nd PBEM game turns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey's 2nd PBEM game turns....

Hi all the 2nd PBEM game has started and this is the thread to update the turns...

turn0 sent to Armitage..

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Zaphod, when it comes to your turn, don't send the save game to Steve yet, read the email I sent you and contact me via e-mail if you have any concerns...
    [This message has been edited by Monkey (edited September 05, 1999).]
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Yes Monkey,
    I read it and will act accordingly, still waiting for my first turn

Comment

This person named lung posted this in another thread.
      I think it's a good idea.

----------------------------------------
      I suggest for reasons of feasibility that players in PBEM be required only to play one turn per day from monday to thursday and one turn between friday and sunday.
      I'm not going to forgo friday nights for the next 18 months of my life to play one lousy turn on a computer game. Bugger that for a joke!
      ---------------------------------------------

Comment

Armitage => Don - turn 0

Comment

No problem Blue Max

Everything worked great that time.

Comment

Don=>Confuzer-turn 0

Comment

To War!...er...To Diplomacy!!...um...O.K....Go Team!!!!
              Turn 0 Confuzer-->Paul

Comment

Hmmmm... I'm glad that the prblem has been sorted out....

I suggest for reasons of feasibility that players in PBEM be required only to play one
                turn per day from monday to thursday and one turn between friday and sunday. I'm not going to forgo friday nights for the next 18 months of my life to play one lousy turn on a computer game. Bugger that for a joke!
                You know what guys? Lung has sent me an e-mail asking me to put him in a game and since the turns have not gotten very far yet and some players are interested in his 4 day per week compulsory turns plus 1 turn compulsory turn rule, I was wondering if anyone would have any serious objections if I restarted the game with lung in it. The game would be like what lung described above so you would not have to take a turn everyday as I'm sure some of you would like to keep your social life...

I'm calling a vote for a restart of the 2nd PBEM game... for now just keep sending the current game on to the next player....
                Monkey I am proud to be!
                ...Stefu

Comment

Turn received but loading it caused game to crash. Asked Confuzer to mail it again and to see if it would load correctly on his system.

Comment

well since i haven't made any turn so far i don't mind a startover. especially if that means we will have eight players than. of the weekendmatter i thing that there will occur days when someone is not able to make a move regardless of what weekday it is. i don't think that's too tragic if it's not chronical.

Comment

But Zaphod,

Lung is asking us to miss a turn EVERY weekend. It is a turn a day compulsory for 4 days then during the weekend you would only be required to play one turn which would drastically slow gameplay down IMO....
                      Monkey I am proud to be!
                      ...Stefu

Comment

Your right, this might not be such a good idea. Maybe we should stick to the way it is set up right now.

Whatever the others decide, either way is fine with me.

Comment

There's nothing stopping me from playing multiple turns on some weekends, but i know that sometimes on weekends and friday nights i won't be able to play a turn, so it's better not to be obligated.

Please don't stop your game to begrudgingly let me in - you might all gang up on me in the game

Comment

Why don't we just plan on playing a turn a day with the expectation that someone is going to hold up the game for a day now and then. Hopefully it won't be the same person time after timer

Armitage

Comment

Hi Folks
                              I dont know if I did something wrong or what.
                              But I got the game from armitage and it loaded up great. I noticed that I was the greeks.

When I hit the next turn button, it told me to " Please email saved game on your desktop to Don ( my email address) of the americans.

So what should I do?

Comment

Working...
                              X