Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Accelerated PBEM game lokking for players

New Accelerated C: CTP Game

My experience with starting the first Accelerated C: CTP game, and playing in the US-PBEM,
    has given me an insight as to what may make an enjoyable experience for the pbem CTP Civer.
    I have developed the following game criteria, which I will use for all Acc C: CTP games I start.

1. The games will be played on a regular map with 4 or 5 players, Deity level. The setup
    makes for fast turns, about one per day, allows for quick contact and interaction between
    Civs, and tests the players’ ability to build a strong efficient empire. The Deity level insures
    nobody will get a bogus AI if they have to take some time off.

2. No mods. Activision patches 1.1 &1.2, plus the patch 1.21 hack. I will consider an
    Apolyton Pak game when I get my computer setup for two C: CTP games.

3. Player will be placed in time zone order, the first position will be randomly assigned and the
    rest follow on in order. I understand how the game mechanics are set up to give the first
    player position a prime start location.

4. Player will submit the following: Civ name (must be one of the regular ones), your leaders
    name, email address where you want to receive your turn, world settings 0-10 for each
    category, pollution on/off, barbarians setting (low, med, high, extreme).

5. After the players and game settings are confirmed I will need the following: build queues
    for your first three cities, the order you want to research your first 12 advances (you get Tool
    making + 2 others to start), what is important to you (must have cities in river tiles, spread out
    as quickly as possible, cities no more than 5-6 spaces apart).

So, if you are able to play a game using these guidelines, I’ll be taking player with a November 1st anticipated start date. Post here to sign-up.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Im
    interested in signing up.

Player Name Sophix
    Civ Egyptian
    Email heil3297@Kutztown.edu
    Time zone EST US
    barbarians med
    pollution on

0 more to the left

wetness 5
    warmth 5
    ocean 6
    island 5
    Uniform 8
    Goods 8

Sophanthro

P.S. Who plays the game in the begin?

Comment

I play the game based on the criteria submitted by the players in point number five above. On a weekend day, I could play about 8-12 turns. The first game I finished 23 turns in two days. Four to five players on a regular map will have a first contact by turn 30, unless the players have world settings favoring oceans and islands.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Wow Swissy
        Sounds like a lot of work
        Thanx in advance for all the work, and thanx for adressing my question.

Sophanthro

Comment

Count me in.

player name: Shavlor
          civ: romans
          email: derek_bk@hotmail.com
          time zone: EST
          barbarians:med
          pollution: on
          wettness 4
          warmth 6
          ocean 6
          island 7
          uniform 6
          goods 7

Thanx,
          Shavlor

P.S. I don't really care that much for the land settings

Comment

I'll be up for a game.That's a lot of work for you though Swissy.

Player Name: Demosthenes
            Civ: Welsh
            Email: ender@wiggin99.fsnet.co.uk
            Time Zone: GMT
            Barbarians: Med
            Pollution: On

Wetness: 4
            Warmth: 4
            Ocean: 5
            Island: 5
            Uniform: 8
            Goods: 9

Cheers.

Comment

Ok, we have three so far, one or two more and we will be able to start. And as for it being work, I like the initial part of the game, plus we are only talking about a few units and cities per player.

Comment

Still looking for one or two more players. Anyone out there wanting to play, but doesn't want to take a month to get some real units and more than one city to run.

Comment

Working...
                X