Online games - question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online games - question...

I have yet to experience the multiplaying facility with CTP, and I am intrigued.
    Games take many, many hours, so unless you know a few people personally that you can play with, how can you have a satisfactory game with people who's reliability is unknown? Don't you get people hanging up after 20 mins or never coming back to finish a game? Or am I missing something entirely?

I can see how a game would be much more satisfactory with human players, so I hope to experience my first online game soon.

Ed

Multiplay is the only way to go, with any computer games, let alone Ctp.
    But with this style of game, no matter what turn based game it is. The games can take a long time to play.
    Which leads to the problem of games that are started and never completed.
    One thing I found though, is that im in a few pbem games and you get to know who is reliable and who isnt.
    If any of those people that are in your pbem games are interested in multiplay, then you could set up a weekly (or whatever) multi game with them.
    This is one possible solution to the one night stand ctp multiplay games.

Comment

So you rarely finish a multiplay game? That has got to be a bummer if you are winning!

Comment

Hi *Ed*,

I was online a couple of different nights and saw a few of the same people. We ended up starting a new game and scheduled future meetings to play the saved game .

Some people drop out but usually only when they are getting beaten really badly and then the AI takes over. Then you win by default.

If you keep winning by default you can play one of the other ringers out there.

dutcheese

Comment

Working...
        X