X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dutcheese Scenario Added

Hi,

dutcheesescenariopak7.zip

A Race for Conquest is the latest scenario added to the pack.

Start with 4 human players on a predefined map. The first player to utterly defeat another civilization wins.

Here's the twist. On an island in the middle of the map stands a lone gunman--the last of his civilization. Which civilization will get to him first?

Overview: Best played with 4 humans and 1 computer player. Player 5 is the lone gunman. Start the game with 5 settlers, 25 advances, 20,000 public works and 15,000 gold. Build your first 5 cities before turn 6 and they auto grow to size 5. This game is played without the fog of war.

Loading this scenario pack does not modify the original game files. Please read the readme file for further installation information especially if you want to use the PBEM game.

dutcheese
    [This message has been edited by dutcheese (edited September 26, 1999).]

Dutcheese

I installed version 7 on the weekend, monday morning I got frazers quickstart pbem game.

When I went to play my turn, the game crashed to the desktop.

I got rid of version 7 and reinstalled version 6 and the turn played with no problem.

Is this because the players before me are probally playing with version 6.

I didnt have any of your quickstart scenarios at the time when i installed version 7. I had just reinstalled the game.

Comment

Hi Don,

Scenario pack 7 comes with special installation instructions, in the readme file , to use the PBEM scenario. Below is a copy of the installation instructions.

Since the original game files need to be modified for the quickstart PBEM to work correctly I left it up to the user to over write the original files. Sorry if it complicates things. Any suggestions on a repackage will be considered.

****** Installation *******
      Unzip this scenario into your game directory.

The default game directory is
      "C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power"

To play the Quick Start for PBEM Games you must manually replace three (3) of the original game files. Replacing these files effects Multiplayer games.

Copy the files from
      ctp_data\default\gamedata\dutcheese
      into
      ctp_data\default\gamedata

A copy of the original game files you chose to replace are located in ctp_data\default\gamedata\original.
      Put these files back into the gamedata directories to reset the game to it's original state.

This will get your PBEM game working if you have never installed scenario pack 6.

If you already installed scenario pack 6 the original game files were already modified.

Some people expressed reservations about installing a MOD. With this setup people can have the MOD if they choose. Hope it's not too cumbersome.

dutcheese
      [This message has been edited by dutcheese (edited September 27, 1999).]

Comment

Sorry Dutcheese

Maybe I should start reading read me's

Comment

No problem Don. Don't mind answering those easy questions/comments. I'm just glade you downloaded my scenario pack and made comments too.

dutcheese

Comment

Working...
          X