Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone like me to organize a second PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone like me to organize a second PBEM game?

My first PBEM game is now full, just have to wait for 2 more players for confirmation. I don't want to look like a PBEM hosting hog but if nobody is organizing another game I'd be happy to do another one. This PBEM game will most likely be a game with CD's mod version 4.2(original) but I'll be happy to go with the default Activision files.

Interested players please contact me on mywon1@student.monash.edu.au
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Count me in, I did try your contact but could not get through!

Will I need to install Cd Mod 4.2?

Thanks
    Steve.
    steve@pbunn.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

I'd like to play....preferably a game with CD's 4.2 mod. Email address is Confuzer@topsurf.com. Would like to be the Germans. Thanks.

Comment

Monkey,

I'd like to play, too. On MOD side I am fine to go with CD's MOD. However we may want to wait until the ApolyonPack is out (target for uploading is following weekend) as it will include:
        a) CD's Mod 4.2
        b) Graphics for CD's Mod
        c) Harlan's Graphics Mod
        d) Tp's Powerslics
        e) Revised color00.txt to make the radar map better readable

I also propose do get to a gentlemen's agreement not using Alpha Transporters and Cruise Missiles. Reason: The AI does not know how to use them so using them would be an unfair approach putting the AI (even more) behind humans.

Are you ok with this gentlemen's agreement and the ApolytonPack proposal ?

TP
        (ctp_slics@yahoo.com)
        [This message has been edited by TP (edited August 30, 1999).]

Comment

I'll go for that...but I'm itching to play....hurry hurry!! BTW my ICQ # is 47956077 if it helps any. Thanks.

Comment

Monkey,

I am also eager to play, so in case the majority of players does not want to wait for the ApolytonPack but go with CD's MOD 4.2 only, I am fine of course.

Will you send out a ZIP-File (either CD's MOD 4.2 only or ApolytonPack) containing everything we need so we all have a 100% identical installation ?).

By the way, I would like to play the Greek.

TP

P.S.Actually the Greeks will be led by two persons: TP and his girlfriend :-)

Comment

Ok I think I will start up a CD's mod version 4.2 game only since I've got 3 people already.

TP, my major worry is with the standardization of CD's mod. Many players have either modified CD's mod or the graphics are not complete. This will make it difficult for players to have the same mod. I'm glad something like the Apolyton pack is coming out and I'd be more than happy to use it. I'd fully recommend players to wait for it before I start.

If players are impatient I can start up either a CD's mod version 4.2(original without sprites) or another default Activision game.

however I now want this game to be a tribute to CD/Apolyton/Modmakers so I'd be prepared to wait for the Apolyton pack. Or someone else can do this tribute PBEM game....

Ok current alpha list for the Apolyton's tribute PBEM

1)Steve Bunn
              2)Confuzer
              3)TP

If anyone wants to host this game, let me know. What would really make this game special is that either CD or Markos host this one! I don't have to be host in this one, I'd be happy just organizing it
              Monkey I am proud to be!
              ...Stefu

Comment

Just had a thought... maybe the first Apolyton tribute PBEM should only contain players that have contributed greatly to the mod eg Celestial DAwn, Markos, Harlan, TP etc
                Any remaining spots can be filled by any other players (first come first served?)

Don't worry if you don't make it to the Apolyton tribute game.... I'll be hosting another game to cater for that

Anyone want to inform CD about the tribute game?
                Monkey I am proud to be!
                ...Stefu

Comment

well i don't think i have any rights for a tribute game, so if you make such an official thing let me out. But i really like to be in a pbem, so just add me to whatever you start else.
                  I just read tp's information about using patch 1.2 with the german version. if that works ( i really think it will do but haven't tried so far), i'll be able to join.
                  my adress is ritz-wi@reze-1.rz.rwth-aachen.de
                  i don't care much about which nation i play. germans could be fun but i think their are already given away.

Ok i just checked the download section and couldn't find it. so it still might take a bit of time until i will be able to play but if there is still a place for me, when the 'unofficilal patch 1.2 for german/english' is there please count me in.
                  [This message has been edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox (edited August 30, 1999).]

Comment

Current alpha list of CD's mod ver 4.2 PBEM game. (not the tribute game)

1) Steve Bunn
                    2) Confuzer
                    3) TP
                    4) Zaphod (if he can get his english/german version working)

I'm thinking of maybe limiting the number of players in this game so we could have faster turns. Maybe I'll wait to see how my first game goes with 8 players. Also if I limit the number of players we could start sooner since I have all the above players e-mail addresses.

I havent tried loading CD's mod into that brand new spanking directory structure so I don't exactly know how installing a mod works.

Monkey
                    Monkey I am proud to be!
                    ...Stefu

Comment

<> So are we playing? Been waiting forever for this patch so we could do PBEM...tally ho I say! Lets get on with it!

Comment

Update of the second PBEM game..

Ok who says I should close this PBEM game now?

I've got 6 players including me confirmed plus I've reserved one spot for a player that might not make it to my first game...

So the list of current players are:

1)Steve Bunn

2)Confuzer

3)TP

4)Zaphod Beeblebrox (if he gets his unofficial patch to work soon)

5)Don, which just sent me an e-mail today asking to join.

Plus one spot is reserved for a player named Ed if he doesn't make it into the first game AND if he wants to join this one.

That makes six and including me, seven. I need a show of hands...

Should I close the game now with seven players max OR....

Should I wait for an eighth player since we already have seven?

I just downloaded the cdmod graphics pack today so if players are demanding for it I can e-mail players both CD's mod version 4.2 and the CD's mod graphics pack. What's the size limit of a file attachment in an email anyway?

Monkey signing out....
                        Monkey I am proud to be!
                        ...Stefu

Comment

OK i just downloaded and installed that 'inofficial' german patch 1.2 and it seems to work fine. (Vielen Vielen Dank für Deine Bemühungen, TP!). This means i'm ready to start, though i'd prefer waiting for player number eight. I think it can only be a few days, if not even hours for him or her to appear. taking in regard that the game might run for lot over a year that doesn't appear too long for me. But start whenever you want to. I currently use cd's mod and the graphics for that one. Will we stick to these or take the apolyton pack?

Comment

ok, Paul is our eighth player. This PBEM game is now closed. I will be sending confirmation letters soon that will confirm your e-mail addresses and I will require info about your timezones to help me organize the order of the list.

In the meantime, I suggest all players read my rules version ...

Monkey I am proud to be!
                            ...Stefu

Comment

Ok i'm going to try a new method of ordering people according to timezones... I will send out an e-mail to all players... each player will reply back at the most likely time they want to play the game and I will base the order on the order the e-mails reply come back to me. What do people think of this?
                              Monkey I am proud to be!
                              ...Stefu

Comment

Working...
                              X