Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux help please!!!

Ok,
    I have the Loki port of CIV:CTP. But i think the server list is out of date because i can`t connect to any of the servers. I have updated the binary to 1.2. Does anyone out there have a fresh bootserv.txt file? (I think that is the active list of servers for the linux port)

:confused

This is what works in windows. It's one file, called servers.dat. It goes in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp directory.

I hope this works in linux version
    Attached Files

Comment

damn

i have already tryed that.

The issue is that the linux client of CTP uses a file called bootserv.txt

I tryed to put the server list in manully, but it didnt work

Comment

I'll check when I get home from work in 8 hours whether there's a "bootserv.txt" file in the windows version.

Comment

cthulu, be sure you really try the latest version of that servers.dat. But your probably right, it maybe bootserv.txt in linux.
          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Here's the file. None of us have ever had to touch that file, the servers.dat is the one we needed to update.
            Attached Files

Comment

duh!

Ok
              Found the problem if anyone is intersted. I SHOULD have thought of this earlier .. god knows why i didn't. The servers.dat file goes into the .loki/civctp/ file in your user's home dir.

tada

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X