Scenario Not found message?? Win 2000 XP Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Not found message?? Win 2000 XP Issue

I received from Santa Troll (Unlike traditional Santa, Trolldoms Beared St Nic rewards for absolutely Sucking at this game) a new PC Win 2000 XP Professional Athlon 1.5 gig with 512 Ram 64 bit Radeon Graphics Card 80 Gig HD. Not a Bad system, but am having some probelms.

In a game I was playing online this evening, I played about 2 hours, saved several times, went to reload, got a message, SCENARIO NOT FOUND...

Strange, didnt have a scenario activated, and this has happened several times, over the past month since I got this.

Another thing, some people cannot join, most can some cant join me in a game...it just sits trying to connect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Still happeneing, so I completely removed all files, both saved Multiplayer and Single Player saved files, removed and deleted all my scenarios I built, now all I have is CTP NON adjusted or tweaked files. Just like it came out of box with exception of updated server files.

I play a game save and can load it. 10 minutes later I try a new game save and try to reload and get a message "Scenario Not Found"...But I am not playing a scenario. I dont have any on my PC for this game.

Very Odd

If any have any suggestions please forward.

BTW, I am, as mentioned, playing with no, ZERO addons or tweaks/modifications to any files. Some folks cannot enter my games, some can This is odd too.

Thanks for any/all input

Grandpa Troll

Comment

CTP2 MP players have had trouble with joining games when one of them was using 2K/XP, so that problem is OS-related.

However, the scenario not found thing is very strange - I've had CTP working fine on 2K. You have installed the patch and hack, I presume? The hack in particular might have bearing on this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        CTP2 MP players have had trouble with joining games when one of them was using 2K/XP, so that problem is OS-related.

However, the scenario not found thing is very strange - I've had CTP working fine on 2K. You have installed the patch and hack, I presume? The hack in particular might have bearing on this problem.
        No Hack, no patch, the game I bought (My 2nd copy ) had it installed. I play all the time with lots of folks, like I mentioned above, just for no reason I get this message. I could start a nerw game and have no problems with that game. Then go back next day or even later in day and BAM! same problem..Odd..very odd

Grandpa Troll

Comment

When I was using modswapper I always got alot of "scenario not found" error messages whenever I would play against some one online. However, I could create and play a single player game online with no problems. Go figure

I am running Windows XP, I geuss the XP stands for eXtra Problems I too have problems joining some games and visa versa. Never had till I got my new computer with XP on it. So I guess it is related to the OS.
          So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            No Hack, no patch, the game I bought (My 2nd copy ) had it installed. I play all the time with lots of folks, like I mentioned above, just for no reason I get this message. I could start a nerw game and have no problems with that game. Then go back next day or even later in day and BAM! same problem..Odd..very odd
            Well, the patch and hack both fixed many problems, so I think it would be a good idea to install them just to see whether it would help. You can always go back to where you are now

Comment

B*U*M*P*

Comment

Have you tried with the patches yet?

Another thing you could try is running ctp in Win98 compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                  Have you tried with the patches yet?

Another thing you could try is running ctp in Win98 compatibility mode.
                  Yes, I installed Hack and tried installing the 1.2 upgrade, but as previously stated, the cd came with it thus a message came up stating I dont need the patch.

Ok, please define what you mean by running ctp in win98 compatibility mode, I am running WIN2000XP.

Thanks

Grandpa Troll

Comment

He means to find the civ.exe file, right click on it and pick properties. Once in properties pick compatability mode and choose win 98. Click apply and close the window. Reboot and try it again.

Is the xp firewall on and what about your router have you tried it without your router?
                    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                    Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                      He means to find the civ.exe file, right click on it and pick properties. Once in properties pick compatability mode and choose win 98. Click apply and close the window. Reboot and try it again.

Is the xp firewall on and what about your router have you tried it without your router?
                      Ok Pete, please bear with me,

#1-Where would I find the Civ.exe file? (Path please..i.e. I know where to saved files are, the gamedata files and such would you advise where to look?) Thanks

#2-My Firewall, I have that disabled

#3-Router, do you mean my Hub that the cable plugs into from outside or my networking hub? Or perhaps neither??

Thanks

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                        #1-Where would I find the Civ.exe file? (Path please..i.e. I know where to saved files are, the gamedata files and such would you advise where to look?) Thanks
                        [Your CTP Path]\ctp_program\ctp\ctp.exe

Comment

Negative.

I tried both WIN98/ME & WIN2000 Compatability, but neither would allow the saved file to be loaded, but both times I could load one good file no problemos.

~sigh~

Grandpa Troll

Comment

I would reinstall ctp, I am running xp with no problems at all. It maybe that you have destroyed your ctp through slic use.
                            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                            Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                              I would reinstall ctp, I am running xp with no problems at all. It maybe that you have destroyed your ctp through slic use.
                              Yeah, thought so too

So I have reinstalled 6 times
                              I dont reinstall any mods/Scenarios

Still no luck Pete

But, maybe an answer will come about

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Working...
                              X