Useprofile.txt in Multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useprofile.txt in Multiplayer?

I am working with useprofile.txt in allowing 24 civs for single player. I was wondering if it is possible to use in MP?

I play a lot of games with folks where we set 9 settlers then exclude settlers, but have 2-3 humans and 6 ai.

I was wondering if its possible to say have 20 ai in a MP game?

Thanks

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I elieve that this is possible, but you must create the large game in SP mode, and save it as a scenario to use in MP. I'm fairly sure this will work for PBEM, at least - I'm not so sure about internet, but give it a try .

There are other problems that playing scenarios in MP causes, but most can be worked around one way or another.

Comment

Here, for example, is a Hotseat game with many players I created by this method. I haven't played long enough to be totally sure they all exist, but you can just look at the rankings to see that there's a lot of names.
      Attached Files

Comment

After fiddling around online for a while, though, I cannot find any way to play there with more than 8 civs . It always defaults to just one civ when you start off, and there's no way to increase in past 8... I have no ideas as to a way around this.

Comment

Did you try creating a single player game, saving it, then loading it as a multiplayer game?
          So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

I can't seem to launch the MP game on my own, I guess it requires multiple players or something... I'm sure I've heard other people say that they played against the AI whilst waitingonline, though, so I'm rather puzzled.

When I load an SP or hotseat game it's the same, except that it is no longer possible to add AIs.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
              I can't seem to launch the MP game on my own, I guess it requires multiple players or something... I'm sure I've heard other people say that they played against the AI whilst waitingonline, though, so I'm rather puzzled.

When I load an SP or hotseat game it's the same, except that it is no longer possible to add AIs.
              You have to press "DYNAMIC JOIN"..and have more than yourself as a slot to launch, i.e. you and 1 or more ai spots than launch. Save when ever and then reload at another time. I do this a lot whilst awaiting players.

But, I cant get it to go past the default 8 in an MP Game.

I was hoping it would be possible..but seems, at this moment, NOT possible

Peace

Troll

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod
                Did you try creating a single player game, saving it, then loading it as a multiplayer game?
                It is, I believe, a different file extension , because I tried that several times.

You can, however, start a MP game and move to sp file and play it.

Before learning my small amount of scenario making abilities, I would launch a game with the settings I preferred and move to a SP File and continue.

Then I just learned about playing a tcp/Ip game with myself, or simply play in the lobby by using a password and then this also resolves the issue.

Thans for all input

Troll

Comment

Working...
                X