Multiplayer Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Help Please!

I'm sure somebody has to have had this problem before. When asked to choose a connection type, I click 'internet'. I immediately get a message saying "you need to dialup, to use internet". I can't get past this point.

I have a dsl connection through my household LAN, I have never had a modem installed on my computer nor is there any indicator that my OS(WINXP) thinks I have or should have a modem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am getting tired of beating the AI and email games move so slowly. Thanks

-David42one
    Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
    - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Never seen that.
    I haven't seen that one, but..
    I guess the usual questions are

1. Do you have ctp 1.2
    2. Did you get a servers.dat file recently? (you should get one if you haven't gotten one for a long time)
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

When you first select "internet"

It says, in the description box...

"Activelink/internet requires active dial-up
      or direct connection to internet"

This is normal. Just click Next. I doubt if this is what
      you are talking about, but that is not an error message.
      If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

I have the fix it is xp related email me as it is indepth.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Ok it is xp It will take me at least a week to type the fix out.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Working...
          X