Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German messages?

I can speak german as well.

I'll take it into consideration when setting up the game.

I just downloaded the mod's and I'm reading through the readme's to see what the difference is between the normal mod and the mod lite. Does anyone who knows the difference has any preference?

Comment

I think we should stick to the lite version. The only modification we get is a quicker start through the super settlers. The "full" version does a lot more and my comment, that the only one who needs the mod is the person who does the setup, applies only to the lite version.

Comment

then "Mod Lite" it is. I've just read the readme's and it's also easier to install.

Comment

Please go with the next to the largest map. Mod lite is good. Consider going with one less than raging horde barbarians. Unless your purpose is to enslave them.
          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

questions, statements, ...

2) Mod Lite is a startup kit or something, I haven't tried it out yet, but it gives you the following features at the start (copied from another thread), it speeds up the early
            beginning of the game:
            hmm.. with all the bonusses it doesnt sound so good to me , but if all of you want it, since i havent tried it yet, i agree.

4) It's easier for me to set up a game without having to adjust text files, since I'm doing this for the first time. You might try it with someone more experienced than me
            in setting up games and adjusting text files, I might make a mistake.

i can easily give you the modifications. its pretty simple. i just havent tested yet, if only the host, the host and the respective player, or all players need the modified files. i can tell u in 1 or 2 days if u still consider letting me play my favourite 'Dornheimer' civilization
            as i said, we currently have an email game running using these modifications.

also, it might be more fun for everyone this way.
            if u like i can make the txt files and send them to the appropriate players.

If you own only the German version of CTP 1, play order should be arranged such that I follow you - or is there anybody else who wants to receive German messages
            concerning diplomacy, wonders and the like ?
            why is it necessary to adjust the play order ?
            isnt it possible to negotiate with everyone u have contact with ?

Please go with the next to the largest map. Mod lite is good. Consider going with one less than raging horde barbarians. Unless your purpose is to enslave them.
            can i enslave military units as well if i attack them with a slaver ? cool good to know.

also, it is possible to define any size of map in the "const.txt" file pretty much at the bottom of the file.
            u just have to overwrite an existing size definition only for the time of initializing the game. (or so is my experience)

one more question:
            does anyone know how i can play a multiplayer game (hotseat or email or whatever) with more than 8 players ?
            i have succeeded once to have 31 players in a tutorial game (me and 30 AIs), but nothing else.
            Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
            O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

oh and how would u like it if we filled up to 8 players with AIs ?

also, i believe there is a way to have revolting cities form new civilizations until the full 31, before becoming barbarian wonder-builders (if u have ever experienced Attila finishing Ramajana... )

we would start out with 6, 7 or 8 and each revolting city would make its own new AI civ.

anyway, just suggestions.
              looking forward to the game.

Comment

Re: questions, statements, ...

Originally posted by Mathemagician

i can easily give you the modifications. its pretty simple. i just havent tested yet, if only the host, the host and the respective player, or all players need the modified files. i can tell u in 1 or 2 days if u still consider letting me play my favourite 'Dornheimer' civilization
                as i said, we currently have an email game running using these modifications.

Why don't you e-mail the data with some instructions to g.hullekes@chello.nl and I'll try it out.

why is it necessary to adjust the play order ?
                isnt it possible to negotiate with everyone u have contact with ?

This is what i think. After playing the turn a savegame will be made to your desktop, this savegame is made by a german version CTP, so if you mail it to the next person it's in german. That next person has an english version CTP, so when he plays the turn an english savegame will be made so that the person after him will get an english savegame. The thing is that a lot of data is stored INSIDE the savegames, including all the diplomatic messages and stuff.

can i enslave military units as well if i attack them with a slaver ? cool good to know.

As long as you send an army with that slaver and as long as you win the battle.

also, it is possible to define any size of map in the "const.txt" file pretty much at the bottom of the file.

This I understand.

u just have to overwrite an existing size definition only for the time of initializing the game. (or so is my experience)

This sentance I don't understand. Is this something else? Or is it part of the above?

Comment

Why don't you e-mail the data with some instructions to g.hullekes@chello.nl and I'll try it out.
                  well. if thats your email address i will glady do

This is what i think. After playing the turn a savegame will be made to your desktop, this savegame is made by a german version CTP, so if you mail it to the next person
                  it's in german. That next person has an english version CTP, so when he plays the turn an english savegame will be made so that the person after him will get an english
                  savegame. The thing is that a lot of data is stored INSIDE the savegames, including all the diplomatic messages and stuff.
                  Damn !

"u just have to overwrite an existing size definition only for the time of initializing the game. (or so is my experience) "

This sentance I don't understand. Is this something else? Or is it part of the above?
                  this was an explanation of how to do the above, that is modifying the map size.
                  i meant:
                  dont add a new map size definition. AFAIK this wont work.
                  u have to change the parameters for e.g. the HUGE definiton, then start the game and then change that parameters back if u like.

Comment

oh,
                    and i found it quite useful to have a deadline for each player's turn.
                    currently i am using the "36 hours + X" system
                    which means players send their turns to the next player with a CC to me (host).
                    if a player hasnt sent his turn by 36 hours (rounded up to 6 am or 6 pm respectively, therefore the X) to the next player he will be skipped, that is the host (me) opens his turn (of which he has a CC), without looking presses 'N' (end turn) and sends the file onward to the next player.

just a suggestion to speed up the game pace a littlle.
                    also, you might want to reduce this to 24 hours + X as i do now think this should be enough time as well.

oh man, i got work to do
                    c u

Comment

Have we got a moderator yet?
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Math, generally you have to use the Craptivision civs. Only specific custom civ games allow this. Also, why not change the name of the city when you build it? (If you have patch 1.2 which you should have )

Multiplayer with 8+ players is sooo slow on a 56k.

The 24 hr rule is gennerally used in games, meaning if a turn isn't played in 24hrs, they are nexted. If nexted 5 times, replaced.

Comment

Math, generally you have to use the Craptivision civs. Only specific custom civ games allow this. Also, why not change the name of the city when you build it? (If you have patch 1.2 which you should have )
                          i havent AFAIK but i can change the city names
                          i just would have like my civ name adopted.
                          was just a suggestion. never mind.

Multiplayer with 8+ players is sooo slow on a 56k.
                          yeah. but DOES it work ? if so, how ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                            Have we got a moderator yet?
                            Nope, anybody interested? I'm also still seeing if anyone else wants to join this game. If not, then 5 players will do.

Maybe we can add a couple of AI civs, but I'm not sure if that changes the game a lot. Besides that, I'm worried that my computer will crash since I've just installed the medmod and mars mod and I'm not sure if they will interfere if I add AI civs, AIdata was changed by these mods I think.

Comment

I'm also still seeing if anyone else wants to join this game. If not, then 5 players will do.
                              i can ask some friends if u like...

Comment

sure, they're welcome to join

Comment

Working...
                                X