No announcement yet.

Help with intenet multi-play needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I didn't understand your question.

What do you mean by gl name?
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

GL=Game League
      If someone says DL=Double Login meaning you go by two seperate names which will end up geting a free trip to Solver Hall or if your the grand prixe winner..[SHUDDER] then its off to MING-A-PULCO
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think I will drop this now, any way did you kill your firewall? Did it help?
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          GL=Game League
          If someone says DL=Double Login meaning you go by two seperate names which will end up geting a free trip to Solver Hall or if your the grand prixe winner..[SHUDDER] then its off to MING-A-PULCO
          Troll, but if you have a DL, but you don't use the 1 st Login (Like FG-Saddam, Giancarlo-Fez, etc. etc.) thats okay, right?

Comment

nope
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

The examples you give are jaded apolyton history will show I am correct with this comment.
              Or do we?

Comment

Jaded?

Comment

blackrice,

I don't think I have a firewall, this is a home computer using MSWIN98. I tried to go through the settings but didn't find any firewall per se.

Do you know what I should be looking for in MSWIN settings?

I tried reducing some of the security features from the control panel->internet setting, but this had no affect.

Redbull was just suggesting to re-install ctp a bunch of times. I guess I could try that. But it seems like nothing
                  could change. I have done it a few times already.

I am not sure what troll and you are talking about
                  GL and DL. I was always trying to use the server as player name=checkMate. He seemed to suggest that if I canged names something could go wrong. I don't think I did that, although I may have when I was trying lots of things.

Comment

CheckMate, Troll was talking about 'poly. A Double Login on Apolyton is banned. If you have two logins, then it will be disabled. Absoulutly nothing to do with Internet gaming

Comment

check, are you on a dial-up?

Comment

Yes, it is a DSL phone line.

Comment

Well redball went to the server with me and we noted the following.

I see a very high ping rate on my end (20-30) where as from his side he sees my ping about about 300+

Messages sent by me in the lobby are "double echoed" to me when I type them. (I only see single echo from redbull) and he only sees singe echo from me.

This is in addition to the other symptoms I mentioned earlier.

Does anybody recognize these problems?

Has anybody used the servers and ctp successfully
                          with a DSL line?

Comment

Do you have all the filters on your phone lines?
                            What is the service provider?
                            Is it high speed or regular dial up?
                            Win98se?
                            Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                              Do you have all the filters on your phone lines?
                              What is the service provider?
                              Is it high speed or regular dial up?
                              Win98se?
                              Yes I don have filters.

BellSouth ISP

It is a high speed (DSL) dialup. The DSL can remain on and connected at the computer all the time. But I still receive calls etc...

Yes Win98 not sure about se

Comment

Should have said I *do* have filters (not don)

Comment

Working...
                                X