This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably overly pedantic note of error in Info Central

Q: Which is better, online gaming or PBEM?

A: Refer above to the Playing section. None is better.

Shouldn't that be 'neither'?

Well I never

A proof reader in our ranks
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Thank you. I wrote all of the Info Central, and my English is very far from perfect, being my third language - that's just another mistake .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
        Well I never

A proof reader in our ranks
        You have no idea how hard it is to resist making 'correcting' posts much more often. Particularly with FG. (Before he said he was dyslexic I was getting very pissed off... And then I felt guilty. Is spelling/grammer the last prejudice on the net? It seems to be how I make my first impressions.)

Comment

Well we try hard sometimes, as in my case...I just type my fingers do what they like

I have never really noticed as long as the person gets his or her message accross I don't care if they use drums or symbols.

Too many people from too many nations post here. Like in Solvers case a third lanuage. Wow to be so lucky

Others like faded have situations that they may not want to have to defend themselves on. Far too often in O.T. the ideas and input of these people are stopped by constant nit picking on thier grammar and spelling.

To me that is a shame, they have a lot to contribute.
          I understand your point though J.

I just meassure a people on them being a person. Far to often again in O.T. Some people use this as an attack on the person rather than just converse with them about whatever it is they just said.

This to me is child like and should be scorned and the people that do it should be ignored.

None of this by the way was an attack on what you said or did J. Certain grammar, spelling corrections are helpful and a benefit to all. What you did was the helpful kind not the insulting kind.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Yeah, of course this was not insult.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway

You have no idea how hard it is to resist making 'correcting' posts much more often. Particularly with FG. (Before he said he was dyslexic I was getting very pissed off... And then I felt guilty. Is spelling/grammer the last prejudice on the net? It seems to be how I make my first impressions.)

I just bet you have a fricking field day with my spelling..or lack thereof..and I just get a typing and dont really move past..."HUNT >N< PECK

I am sure, you could stay on my case and never need to address other folks shortcomings!
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                Yeah, of course this was not insult.
                Mr.Solver..SIR.. I was offended for he didnt pick on my poor performance of the use of the Queers..I mean Queens Language..sorry..spelling error theer

But seriously, you do well with having American as your 3rd language my friend!

Latvia..is that in Europe.??.because I was stationed in Deutchland mid 1970's and I was told that in Europe, people had to learn 3 languages..not sure if that true of not..though..??
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Troll

I just bet you have a fricking field day with my spelling..or lack thereof..and I just get a typing and dont really move past..."HUNT >N< PECK

I am sure, you could stay on my case and never need to address other folks shortcomings!
                  Well...
                  I shall resist comment. Resist

Comment

Or do we?

Comment

My third language is English, American is my fifth language .

Seriously speaking, language learning in USSR was... different. Only theory, no teaching on actually using the language.

Comment

Better than here for sure. French is optional, english is standard and other languages are non exsistant.

In todays schools most kids I see can not spell or write.

Or go to that school that teaches pharmacist's, doctors and lawyers how to write.
                        Last edited by blackice; July 27, 2002, 13:34.
                        Or do we?

Comment

In todays schools most kids I see can not spell or write.

Don't worry, exactly the same. It's no longer USSR here, but a few things didn't change. English = mandatory, considered to be taught much, but in reality, not, much the USSR way.

Russian - usually mandatory, but it's not even supposed to be taught much, and everyone who doesn't have a Russian speaker in family seems to have problems, since it's so much different from Latvian.

Anything else is optional, in most schools.

Comment

It makes you wonder if governments are not intentionally trying to keep people uneducated.

Where are you going for holidays?
                            Or do we?

Comment

It's not a holiday, it's more a... self-education trip on programming matters .

Comment

Working...
                              X