Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New evil cheat found, via manipulation of Slc file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New evil cheat found, via manipulation of Slc file.

I did this to play Jbtw's mod. I used a cheat. By opening script.slc . I had no idea it could go over into PBEM mod. But alas, as I was playing a turn I noticed I had abotu 900,000 more gold pieces then when I left it.

Here is the cheat, open Script.Slc and put in this,

trigger 'DOR_T_Give_Gold' when (IsHumanPlayer(g.player) && (player.1.gold<=200000))
    {
    AddGold(g.player,1000000);
    }

Now somehow it works over in PBEM. I immediately deleted and redownloaded the turn, replaced the SLC and its good as new.

I just hope it hasnt messed up that AW game .

Comment

Locotus this is news. I have no idea if it works in MP. theres a good chance it does. Who wants to test it?

Comment

faded believe it or not this is an old one it works both in pbem and mp. The only way to catch it in mp is to save lots. In pbem with a moderator it is easy to catch.
        This is the only true cheat you can find on the internet under CTP cheats it's been around for awhile. Also note you can adjust the amount of gold so moderators have to watch carefully.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

The cheat isnt practicle for PBEM. Why? Cause the money carries over to the other player. I just confirmed that. So if one person uses this cheat in PBEM, the guy wwho's turn he sends it too gets craploads of money too.
          So thats good news

However the MP thing boggles the mind. How many more holes are in this game?

Comment

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
              Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many
              I need help fellas, Nechaev is a great player, i am not. I am trying to be though. I dont cheat, dont even know how to, if I did, I would be much more competitive than I am. I was playing Nechaev and he SWEARS I placed a mine in a forest. What I did was to terrafrom a tile to grassland. I saw the tile he thought was forest, but it was grassland. Well, I left, he captured my city, swears It was a mine in a forest. Can anyone please help me prove my case, because I dont cheat or alter files for MP, but..I also want him to realize that, and I have seen this too many times over the years, an optical illusion, wheeas it "appears" as an object ona tile, but in reality is one tile over. I have inadvertentley attacked a unit, moving to a space I thought was clear, only to have a unit there.

Has anyone ever seen a mine ina forest?..Not I and seen lots of games.

Thanks

Troll..

P S.. I am sorry Faded Glory if this is taking odd topic, just thought sicne you had your issue, I would also add mine..forgive me if this jack your thread

Troll
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Did you play on Nacheavs map?
                Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                  Did you play on Nacheavs map?
                  No it was on mine, a generated map by setting up the normal way, I believe we were playing a small map, and we started out pretty close, it was near ocean and hills and I terraformed a forest into grassland and then a mine on grassland.

Troll
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well gliches like that happen in PBEM all the time I have had a few online but not many. In fact I was playing online last night just me and ai. I had an unfinished coastal area on the map. I accused the ai of cheating and left the game Seriously it did happen the glich I am lying about quiting I attacked and laid waste to the bugger
                    Or do we?

Comment

Mines in forrests was introduced with the combined Nordicus and Wes Whittaker mods for goods and terrain.

It have been tried before in other mods, but somehow they didn't find a decent balance of prod/food/gold before those two made what I think was the MedMod ver 2.? (?= can't remember the decimalversion - but I'm sure that I still have the files somewhere on a burned CD).
                      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I always wondered why the Welsh (now romans ) had several mines in the forest outside of cities in Swissy2. It was interesting to say the least. I though maybe with the flood, the terrain had altered. Nope, not the case.

Comment

Nah if you try hard enough I guess you can even place mines in water during the Ancient Times, the game is so buggy .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: New evil cheat found, via manipulation of Slc file.

Originally posted by faded glory
                            I did this to play Jbtw's mod.

I noticed that someone had downloaded it recently - was that you?

Comment

I have a couple of mines in forrests in Love Conquers, but I only get the 20 production point only
                              I think it has something to do with natural disasters but not sure.
                              I tried to terraform a swamp once into forrest but the tile got flooded before the terraform was done.
                              Guess what. After a couple of turns a single forrest tile showed up from the sea
                              So it might be possible started terraforming just before a flood occur and have the tile back

Comment

Working...
                              X