No announcement yet.

Bulletproof Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol me either. but i have a city like right there too so i'm not really tresspassing
    the greeks and i got off on the wrong foot
    they used slavers in my territory so that is how are little tiff got started
    when i answered you i did not have all the facts that cities were so close to each other.
    I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
    Revelation 6:8

Comment

• 31 to Hatschy.

O Great Geronimo,

Your deal, whilst on the surface attractive, has my leadership in conflict: business leaders are in favour, arguing for greater trade, the unions are against, they say it's stealing food from their children's bellies, and the Attorney General is arguing with the lawyers as to what exactly is meant by "east" anyway.

Our intelligence has failed to detect a city to the east of the mountain range, and a group of ex-convicts are claiming it is rightfully theirs as compensation for "unduly inconvenient incarceration experiences".

Allow me to consult more, and perhaps the media storm in my nation regarding this issue will abate with time, allowing me to come to some quiet agreement without sacrificing electoral popularity

Alternatively, perhaps you could exchange your maps with me, or failing that, email me a jpeg of that portion of the map with annotations describing exactly what it is you have in mind. A pretty and descriptive picture would go a long way to helping me appease the fickle voters of Australia.

Comment

• Turn 31 sent to dancemasseuse.

BTW, is everyone sure he used the correct files? In the turn 31 I received (I received it twice, but files were identical), cities were still building things I had stopped building in turn 30 and units were still moving in wrong directions. It didn't do much harm this time, but next turn I definitely want to see the changes I have made.

Comment

• How did you end your last turn? Did you press the "end" button? There was a turn mixup, I got 29 twice, about a week apart.

Sorry about the double send, it happens with my email quite often, haven't been able to fix it.

Comment

• Yes, I did press the "end" button. Since it was my first turn in this game, this created the one and only file with the eMail address "bradplog@one.net" (the initial leader of the Greeks) in the filename, so there was absolutely no chance of mixin things up.

Receiving files twice is no problem, as long as files are identical .

Comment

• Australians...

We will happily trade maps again with your people, and if it shall cause such an uproar among your people perhaps an alternate course can be recommended. Likewise, we will assemble a group of map makers to point out our definition of "east" within the year (aka, next turn )
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• turn 31

recieved turn 31 sunday morning will do it sunday night and send it then. negotiating with milamber and waiting for his reply. Ken

Comment

• turn 31 sent

Turn 31 to Redbull/Blackice

Well I went ahead and did my turn. sorry milamber I really wanted to play as peaceful as possible, but all I have is swamp and the only way to get any land is east/Romans or north/Australians and ocean to the south and west. I feel I don't have any choices in my actions; to act may cost me the game, but to stay in this hole, will cost me the game. Ken

Comment

• Dear Greeks,
                    know that any action taken against the fair Australians will result in our also pursuing you.

Dear Australians,
                    Our map makers have offered an exchange, and also are sending you copies of the offered areas for each of our control to also create new borders. We believe for the benefit of both of our nations your taking of the jungles and mine of the forests and would be the most beneficial.

(Turn played and sent.)

Comment

• Basically if everyone threatens me to stay in my hole and lose or attack you and lose, what choice are you giving me. One has the possibility of losing the other will lose for sure. Staying in my swanp hole and letting you both have everything is stupid and I am not stupid. Attacking and making you attack me back is not how I want it, but you both are trying to bully me in to staying in my hole and losing. Make a better offer than stay in my hole and lose and I might listen.

Ken

Comment

• (ooc I hope that was all IC... (/ooc)

Our loyalties lie with the Australians until they give us reason otherwise. Even a little swamp hole can be made into a happy home if one cherishes the land in which they were given.

Comment

• not to argue but continuing to tell me to stay in my hole is not productive. I realize the options I can pursue and the actual time it wil take to achieve that to make it a workable place is enough time to give the game to others. Giving me a bunch of seminar slogans about what I should do, sounds good on paper, but doesn't always apply to reality. We disagree, so what. I feel like you are trying to lecture me in to doing the game your way. I am asking nicely, please don't.

Comment

• apology

you know when I look at what I just wrote it may sound a little snotty. I do apologize.

Comment

• Nope... looks like he wasn't IC... heh...

Do whatever you need to dancemasseuse, it's your nation, after all... I was just doing a little RPing, don't take it personally or anything.

Comment

• I am not complaining mind you, only stating the facts here. I inherited this, which is fine with me I like a challenge. It looks like he started something with the romans and tried to hassle the australians too. I now have roman cities so close they overlapp resources. I have the australians blocking the only other land although his cities are not as close. The first turn message I had said the australians had atacked one of my troops. We are at a stand off there although there is land I can get to before he can, but he is blocking the way with troops AND those troops are within 3 squares of my cities. I don't know who attacked who first, but I am left dealing with it. The land that is usuable is used, the rest is 100% swamp and it is a very small area maybe 15 squares wide by 15 squares long and 80% swamp. All the suggestions people make are valid, but the end result is still I will be someones client state. Too small land, too small resources, too much PW to effectively terra-form, too much distance to develop the land to the southeast. I will do all those things because if I don't start now I will never get there. Anyway I feel trapped. So I have these choices, attack the romans and try to back them up. attack the australians and try to establish some cities to the north, use ships (which I have done) to go to the ocean (20 to 40 turns before productive) go to the southeast (20 turns of travel again), use PW to terra form (cost about 30 to 40 thousand PW and the lose of production to get there). So there it is and I am sure there are a thousand recommendations for and against any actions I do. I would prefer peace, but if I am being bullied, AND I AM, in to being a little mouse then even a mouse will bite knowing it will die anyway. So if australia wants to pull back a little and try to divide things a little more evenly no problem. If he demands that I keep in my little hole so he can grow bigger and better only to take me out later because he is bigger and better, then better to die now and make him work for it than give it all to him and let him do it anyway. If that sounds unreasonable, I do apologize. any suggestions, email me at yosemiteken@aol.com I am reasonable and will listen.
                                Sorry this is so long.
                                Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X