• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 to Nimrod

Comment

• 85 to Nimrod

Comment

• tyurn to maestro
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

• 86 to Nimrod.

Dire news for the Americans, methinks, if the rumbling and full column of red exclamation marks is anything to go by

Comment

• 87 to Nimrod

So what happened Americans, I'm dying to know!

Comment

• ditto.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Just a few cities rioted. Which I think must be a bug in the program cause all my cities have 73-76 happyness. Well at least I dont have barbarians in my empire now And congrats to Birdman for his completion of Edison's Lab.
                So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

• Out of turn..... Thanks. A nice little surprise for you - rushbuyed 3 turns before normal completion. Then none of you would know how close I was and do it before me (unless some had guessed and gambled). Rickety knows how that feeling is .
                  First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod
                    Just a few cities rioted. Which I think must be a bug in the program cause all my cities have 73-76 happyness.
                    That's been happening to me in a few games lately... I wonder if there are some changed settings floating around in one of the txt files?

Comment

• 88 to Nimrod

Comment

• Which turns did they riot?
                        Send me an email addressing the turn numbers before and after the riots, I'll look at them closer ok?
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

• Ok the cities tab listing your cities happiness can and is misleading. In there it shows from 73 to 76 happiness, I have commented on this before in the strategies thread that in fact it is an average taken from your entire civ.

If you go to the individual cities settings you would see on the average -2.0 happiness, 2 for rations, 1 for workday and 1.7 for city distance.

Now in the smaller cities without improvement bonuses on the average each city was +1-2 happiness (wages) vs -3-4 unhappiness. An average of -2.0 per city.

Take a city like this one:

Wages +3.0
                          City distance from capitol -1.7
                          workday -1.0
                          ratios -2.0
                          For an average of minus -1.7 per city happiness.

As you can see dispite an average of 73 happiness on turn 86 by turn 87 your happiness based on these figures would be 69-70 riots and revolts would happen.

Just adjust a slider to bring your overall happiness up to 76 to avoid that in the future. Or roads or temples and or a unit in the city helps too.
                          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                          Or do we?

Comment

• A nice little surprise for you - rushbuyed 3 turns before normal completion.
                            Birdy you should share that move in the strategy thread, some may have forgotten you could do that and some may not know you can.
                            Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice

Birdy you should share that move in the strategy thread, some may have forgotten you could do that and some may not know you can.
                              Done.
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X