Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CtP competition map voting - ALL participiants vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CtP competition map voting - ALL participiants vote!

OK guys, it's just about the time to select a map we will hold the competition on.

As of yet there are:

J Bytheways Competition Map - two identical islands with a short landbridge, much water, quite some places to colonize besides original place.

Quinns's 4-way symetry map - four islands all connected by landbriges. Almost nothing to colonize except some 1 tile islands. If we play this, two of the original 4 islands are left empty.

Yoda's New Map - this one has two identical continents at opposite sides of the map, with some rich islands to colonize, and no landbridge connection between the continents.

If you don't have all the maps, download them from my other posts in this tread and take a look. If either doesn't work, unzip it to ctp_folder\Scenarios\Competition or ctp_folder\Scenarios\newmap . Quinns's map is only a savefile. Load the saves, go to Cheat Options and click Show Map.

Now, download and vote! I want all participiants to have voted on this.
    J Bytheway's Competition map
    33.33%
    Quinns's 4-way symmetry map
    0.00%
    Yoda's New Map
    66.67%
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

This is J Bytheway's Competition map.

Either run the .csg file or unzip to ctpfolder\Scenarios\Competition if it doesn't work.

Then Cheat Menu -> Show Map.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is teh 4-way symmetry map by Quinns.

Run the file in the zip, then Cheat Mode -> Show Map.
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally, this is the Yoda's New Map.

Either run the file, or unzip to ctpfolder\Scenarios\newmap.

Then again, Cheat Mode -> Show Map.
        Attached Files

Comment

I like yoda's but Jay's..hmm. Ill vote later!

Comment

Right . Think well before you do.

Comment

My vote is for Yoda's map. Although quinn's map looks like a hell of an intense 4 player war. That map would be great in a team match up. Athough I would suggest no SOL's bombing on that map. If we used it for this tourney the it would be a race to SOL than max production. And I do not think that is what we are looking for here. I think we are looking for who can build the best civ then wipe the other player off thier rock( Useing more than just Ship O' Lines).
              The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

J Bytheway is creating another Map - can we hold judgement for a few days??
                He's back after a fashion...

Comment

This poll was before that. What do I do, Gav? Clear these results for now?

Comment

I don't know - I think the problem was J Bytheway was just told 'create a map' now he has been given better detail - It is a little bit difficult to accpet a map created by someone in the competition- Although since we all see it, it should be of no consequence - I feel that the map created by J Bytheway deserves a chance to be looked at - I also say that we realy should have a land route between the nations.... Which will never make SOLS redundant - It should just add an alternative - the map will be 70% Ocean - so if anyone anticipates that the other player will purely send units by land, they need to think again - The WORST case scenario is knowing which route someone will take for an attack - so I feel there should be as many possible strategies playable in the game- including Island Hopping - A bit like the move towards the Japanese mainland during world war II where you fought like crazy to capture one of a thousand little Islands before moving forward- My feeling - give J Bytheway a few days, and then allow people to Vote again - and maybe we SHOULD give people a choice in maps - if we all play each other twice, then we could select a map for the game we are in! - Why not?? Not everyone will be satisfied with we go with a majority verdict - BUT if we each choose our own map for the games we host - who could complain??

Comment

I've temporarily closed the voting on the poll. Let's see the new map that J Bytheway makes, but of these three, I'm strongly for the map by Quinns.

Comment

Quinns map would not make it to modern..
                        The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

Originally posted by drAgON1
                          Quinns map would not make it to modern..
                          - If u only knew Dragon - That map has taken me Genetic in about 100 turns.....

5 or 6 - 8 good monopolies avaialable- Almost impossible to capture the monopoly cities- On Mountain Islands... It is a superb map - Trust me!
                          Last edited by Gavrushka; May 11, 2002, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
                          X