Shortest PBEM in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortest PBEM in history

I would like to announce perhaps the shortest PBEM ever. It was between C-Matrix and myself lasting until turn 10 Matrix came out the victor in this friend game. After looking at the save he sent me, he must have had a lucky streak with ruins. I saw 2 knights and a samari. Shameful, only 10 turns.
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

You resigned .

Now this is what challenges mean .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I had no choice. He took all my cities
      So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Umm, now that's good .

Comment

Nimrod,

Thats a tough break, "been there,done that", thats kinda why I shy away from wonders, for the luck of the draw, this time it was REAL quick, a knight and 3 samaurai is just too hard to defend within 10 turns. On other hand congrats to the blessed C-Matrix, (dont wanna run up against you!)

Hmm, guess that may make some folks RETHINK the quick spread 'n sprawl settler factory that is often seen?

At any rate, tough break!

Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT DO YOU HAVE, IT MATTERS HOW DO YOU USE IT!!!

Nimrod,
            You asked me before the start of this game >> "How would you rate your self as a player?" (Refer my answer)

I will repeat my self again because I feel there should be some explanation here.

The General philosophy in CTP has Three Basic Origins.(I call them >>The Triple "A")

1/ "The Art of Creation" >> it comes from GOD and I consider my self to be almost like HIM .

2/ "The Art of Destruction" >> it comes from the DEVIL and I am better then him because, HE is already my student:-)

3/ "The Art of Existence" >> it comes from The TIME, which binds the first two together to Perfection, so >>> it is The Master of the Universe, and the first two as me will be his students FOREVER !!!

This game was just a creation of The Evil Genius assisted by the Luck.
            CYBORG> Combat Model,
            MetaCl.> ORACLE, SubCl.>>DEMON,
            SkillCl.> ANACONDA> Att 5*,Def 5*,
            Moral> 5*, Luck> Irish, Disadv.> None

Comment

Re: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT DO YOU HAVE, IT MATTERS HOW DO YOU USE IT!!!

Originally posted by C-MATRIX
              Nimrod,
              You asked me before the start of this game >> "How would you rate your self as a player?" (Refer my answer)

I will repeat my self again because I feel there should be some explanation here.

The General philosophy in CTP has Three Basic Origins.(I call them >>The Triple "A")

1/ "The Art of Creation" >> it comes from GOD and I consider my self to be almost like HIM .

2/ "The Art of Destruction" >> it comes from the DEVIL and I am better then him because, HE is already my student:-)

3/ "The Art of Existence" >> it comes from The TIME, which binds the first two together to Perfection, so >>> it is The Master of the Universe, and the first two as me will be his students FOREVER !!!

This game was just a creation of The Evil Genius assisted by the Luck.
              The difference between Heaven and Hell is 18 inches, the difference between Heart Knowledge of Jesus Christ and Head knowledge of the Devil.

I congratulate you on your Victory C-Matrix, but you be way off on your synopsis of how you accrued your wealth of Victory!

Troll

Comment

O TEMPORA, O MORES!

God created the people and they created the Evil!

Troll,

When I came to Apolyton I did that, because I hoped I could find a teacher to help me build better Civilization. I still hope.

But all I see are people fighting to win and build their civilization to destroy the others.
                I rarely did that before, because this only degrades my own civilization.

Why nobody here is interested in the original purpose of the game, the result of which is measured with percentages? I guess because is much easier to destroy then to build.

Perhaps we can turn back and have games without taking any others cities but just improve our own civilizations.

If we don't change our nature we are doomed to play only "Apocalypse Now"!

I personally prefer the other style, which is based on "The Art of Creation"

Last edited by C-MATRIX; May 11, 2002, 01:14.
                CYBORG> Combat Model,
                MetaCl.> ORACLE, SubCl.>>DEMON,
                SkillCl.> ANACONDA> Att 5*,Def 5*,
                Moral> 5*, Luck> Irish, Disadv.> None

Comment

Re: O TEMPORA, O MORES!

Originally posted by C-MATRIX
                  God created the people and they created the Evil!

Troll,

When I came to Apolyton I did that, because I hoped I could find a teacher to help me build better Civilization. I still hope.

But all I see are people fighting to win and build their civilization to destroy the others.
                  I really did that before, because this only degrades my own civilization.

Why nobody here is interested in the original purpose of the game, the result of which is measured with percentages? I guess because is much easier to destroy then to build.

Perhaps we can turn back and have games without taking any others cities but just improve our own civilizations.

If we don't change our nature we are doomed to play only "Apocalypse Now"!

I personally prefer the other style, which is based on "The Art of Creation"

I really enjoy long games, Gigantic Land Maps and see how Big and Civilizized My Kingdom can become, peaceably.

Unfortunately I usually get this response, "ifin you want to play peacefully, play SIM City!

But I hold out hope that perhaps i can find someone out there who would like to play this game more on the lines of the R/W.."Real World" where they have strifes and wars and rumours of wars, we dont have an Armegeddon-Summit, Extinction maker of a game

Have a great evening and perhaps we, you and I can someday play one another that way!

But I shall add this, without getting into trouble for taking this off-topic, too many lower-life, Lyieng cheaters SAY they wont pillage,attack or tresspass, but lie and attack you for no reason. Hard to find honor within a den of thieves I reckon?

Yours In Civin

Troll

Comment

I'm starting to feel sick .

One of my odd and stupid beliefs is that being a good Civ player is talent. That is, you can't really master the game unless you're talented in strategy gaming. I know many who would disagree with me, but what the.... all in all, everyone will agree that Civ requires a certain group of skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      I'm starting to feel sick .

One of my odd and stupid beliefs is that being a good Civ player is talent. That is, you can't really master the game unless you're talented in strategy gaming. I know many who would disagree with me, but what the.... all in all, everyone will agree that Civ requires a certain group of skills.
                      Solver
                      I am not what one would call an "educated sophisticant" but rather more from the other education system, School of Hard Knocks, located within most walks of life.

That being said, and too keep this response on thread topic I would add that this game takes an enormous amount of ability to process facts and figures,strategies and calculations coupled with vastly changing amounts of variables. Take for instance Nimrod, I heard hes a good solid player, perhaps even talented, the point being, C-Matrix caught the winds of blessed fortune and to paraphrase HIS response, he took the reigns of the prevailing evil forces, amassed an early band of renegades and roustabouts and wiped this mother earth of any remnants of Nimrod!
                      How could he do such a thing?

What possessed this Killer and Dominator of the Civ Universe to unclip the restraints governing his BigDawg of Military Might upon an-as-yet-budding civilization, we could ponder and ponder, but it boils down to his response, he has tasted the sting of a mighty whip himself, FIRSTHAND to know how successful this can be, now the Tales of lore are being spun, for in no time he will have overrun Nimrod's Civ with a multitude of Calvary and Cannons ..........
                      I should say that he may not have been as fortunate ifin Nimrod was a bit more settled in, thus this event, THis Day In History, would not have taken place!

Solver, It is up to the like of you, to be a governing body and seek out the likes of C-Matrix, CRUSH HIM!!!!!!!! TEACH HIM THE PENALTY FOR ATTROCITIES OF WAR!!

Or perhaps we could agree that Nimrod was just simply outclassed??

And thats my story..and Im sticking to it!

Troll

Comment

I think it's a record.

The fastest I knew was Deathmatch Modern 1.2.1 that had ended in 11 turns near a couple of years ago and Deathmatch Modern in 17 or 19 turns, the first pbem game ever finished.

Now there are a couple of Happy Killers games that ended in short time but I don't know in which turn.

Comment

Lucky break for C-

Playing without 'huts' will minimize the luck factor to a great extent. I recommend it.
                          "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

This isn't over yet...

Comment

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                              Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                              X