Should piracy be allowed in CTP PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should piracy be allowed in CTP PBEM?

I haven't seen any rules written anywhere about this so far, but I realize that a player could modify his const.txt file to gain plenty of gold from piracy. This has been subject to debate many times in the past, but no one has ever bothered to address it in the PBEM community.
    Yes
    78.26%
    No
    21.74%
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Damnit I meant to say yes not no!
    Piracy/pillaging are a part of war. Should PBEM players agree not to do such acts and a nation to break, well thats a part of diplomacy. Should, in a 1on1 game, the player agree not toand some one break that agreement, thats bad sportsmanship.
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Piracy/pillaging are part of my stealth war strategy. My greatest satifaction is causing multiple city revolts with well timed piracy/pillaging. Hitting multiple trade routes of your opponent puts a server strain on his budget. The games budget balancing mechanism is to reduce wages and sell city improvements, thus causing unhappiness. Add to this capitol distance unhappiness which rises when you cut the road/railroad to remote cities, and you can get a domino effect. I have caused civs to lose every city over the population of 5 during the late modern/ early genetic age. Without piracy/pillaging I lose another weapon in my arsenal.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Of course pirating would be moot if trading were disallowed

Seriously pirating and pillaging tile improvments are part of the game. Next someone will want to outlaw all stealth units.
        Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

Pirating is one of the best ways to make a decent war .
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Pirating in PBEM as no bug issues- And it is a great way to swell you coffers and wallop the other players science.... Take it away and you are taking away a large part of many players strategies- I DO think however that maybe the % of destroyed caravans should be reduced a little..
            He's back after a fashion...

Comment

BUT if you pirate me in Happy Killers, I will not be able to feed u tech anymore....

Comment

I would never pirate your trade routes... I may occasionally squat on your goods; they say it helps cure what ails you

Edit:spelling :P
                Last edited by jpww; May 6, 2002, 18:49.
                "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

I too like to eat farms and roads. But I also squat on goods.

I never pirate. Pirates are *******s. The person who pirates first in suprise always wins the pirate war.

Comment

Welcome back Faded

I still do think, you and Solver should be more carefull about your affair.

I say, you can't continue to meet each other on that way........
                    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Hey Bird

Boy you should have seen the look on my face when I thought I was meeting "horny lil girl' 82", but it was that old kermudgen solver, dressed like a girl.

He tried to push me in his trunk!

Comment

hmm where was I for a week?

Everything was going great. Till the plane I was on crashed in the remote parts pacific ocean. There is no-one here. I tried to kill myself. But the tree wasnt strong enough. And food ; well..I eat whatever I can find. I tried to make a cocunut radio ; but that only works in the movies. And then a Cocoanut TV , again no luck .Then 2 women came to my island, but gahh! I lost my ****er during the parachute drop So then I was sitting there on my island tortured. Thinking of Suicide but couldnt do it. Then I heard a voice from the sky. One day, a Russian satelitte fell to the ground. I used it to serf the net and check my mail, get a new ****er at ebay. Things arent so bad. I even dug up an old bottle of whiskey. Probably the property of some basterd pirates. I was having the time of my life with these women and this bottle! That was when I remembered...

Apolyton!!!!!!!

Glad to be back!

crap crap I know. The rest is history

Comment

well actually I got banned. Stupid Ming. He thought my avatar was bad. I told him to get lost ; and I wasnt going to explain it and said I would see him in a month and check back on. solver got me off early.

Cheers to Cancerman!

Comment

Good grief you got banned over an Avatar?? That is plane crazy... Solver is exceptionally fair in the way he handles bannings... But is seems that others may be a little over-zealous!!! Who is this Ming? Does he own the site?? Or is he a Minion? Hell shall I buy this site and sack him??

I know what my first action would be....... make Faded a Supervisor......

Comment

Originally posted by Gavrushka
                              I know what my first action would be....... make Faded a Supervisor......
                              Oh no, that will be the final sign of the apocolypse
                              So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Working...
                              X