Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash restoration help needed for PBEM Game

Help with crash!!

My PC has done funky things in last 3 weeks..namely crashing and then reloading from an old backup. My CTP CD which I have had since game came out 4 years ago or so, finally went belley up. I had to purchase a new CTP CD, but this had the patch already installed on it.

I have 2 folders that are safe with all my PBEM files, that being Siege of Trolldom with Siege and also a game Indian Nations with Darth Viper. I just cant reload them games with it.

I also for some reason keep getting dropped from games on servers, try to get back in, find no lobbies, or rather, that damned bar going back and forth, stop, download a new server.dat file....GRRRRRRRRRRRR and since it takes so long,, it is just frustrating.

I am wondering if my pbem games are lost, or can I somehow re;load? I have all the turns, but they dont get recognized?

As for MP, Im sorry to Gavrushka, but I have crashed like 5 times on my PC, I have McAfee and it says I dont have a problem with a virus?

Oh and another thing, all that work I did with my civil war scenario>>>>>LOST!!!

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Just curious go to start button then find files and folders, in find type in wink*.*
    Make sure show hidden files is active. Oh make sure you search c: drive.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
      Just curious go to start button then find files and folders, in find type in wink*.*
      Make sure show hidden files is active. Oh make sure you search c: drive.
      W*I*N*K

Ok,

I recieve an amail from Siege or Darth Viper, click on like always to open file to take turn, and it goes to a weird window, showing my "C" drive and says file not found.

Normally it would just simply open the file??

Troll

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        I recieve an amail from Siege or Darth Viper, click on like always to open file to take turn, and it goes to a weird window, showing my "C" drive and says file not found.
        Open Explorer
        Check Tools > Folder options > File Types
        Make sure there is a file type for *.csg (probably called Call to Power saved game) and then check it has an Open action with the text:
        [Your CTP Drive & Directory]\CTP_PROGRAM\CTP\CIVCTP.EXE -l"%1"
        With whatever the appropriate directory is at the start.

Comment

OK

It says I am missing the file PROGRAM.EXE filen eeded for this action??

I tried a PBEM setup between my two email addresses I have on my PC and thenew CTP CD works fine, but not the files with Siege or Darth Viper??

Any/all suggestions, keep 'em coming!!

Troll

Comment

That's probably because the path contains ...\Program files\... - if that is the case you'll have to change it to ...\Progra~1\... as well as any other directory names with spaces in them - you can't use spaces in these things because when it comes to the space it thinks you've specifind the application (as program.exe) and the rest (the files\... bit) is a command line argument.

Comment

I have had the same problem a coupla of times now..Try this:

1) reinstall CTP
              2) Start up an email game for yourself

Then it works again

if that doesnt work try deleting the file type u just set and then try the same procedure
              Last edited by Azrael; May 3, 2002, 07:38.
              Ash nazg dubratuluk
              ash nazg gimbatul
              ash nazg trakutaluk
              agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

Working...
              X