What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if...

What if the top 5or6 top aggressive warmonging player played against each other?

What if the top 5or6 peaceful diplomatic player played against each other?

Would there be any war in the diplomatic players game?
    Would there be any peace or alliances in the warmonging game?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Finally decided to post here. Do you mean to make this practically, or is it just theoretical musing to you?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I just wanted to see how much discussion it would generate and maybe test it out.
      So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Not seeing much discussion as of yet .

Comment

Well - what can be said..... The aggressive player will always seek diplomacy (as will every player) if it suits his own ends.... The diplomatic player will always be trying to use diplomacy to his advantage for a later miltary incursion....I think the main difference is scale.... An Aggressive Player will send many nine stacks in an attempt to wipe the other player out.... A diplomatic player tries to 'nibble' at the other players civs, maneuvering for an unasailable lead later in the game.... Me I am one for mindless violence.... Blood and guts...
          He's back after a fashion...

Comment

That's what differs me and Gav. I'm pretty peaceful, though when provoked and feeling that I can do some harm...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              That's what differs me and Gav. I'm pretty peaceful, though when provoked and feeling that I can do some harm...
              is that what happened in live wire

I like to ally with my neighbors so I dont have to worry so much about my bourders. Unfortunatly the slavers, clerics, lawyers, and francies that I may want to use on other civs may have to move through their territory if no other way is abvailable. It does tend catch some of my allies "off guard" at times. In the modern and later stages I will "nibble" at an AI with francies, have yet to have a chance to use them in a multiplayer game.

Comment

Diplomacy in a nutshell: (diplomacy)

"I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Lets see. The all stars. The big cheese's. The warmongers

1)MOBIUS
                  2)Lung
                  3)Birdman

vs

1)Swissy
                  2)Gavrushka
                  3)Rick Elkins

And those are the best players I have played. Whatever way you splice them ; these guys you can never turn your back on. Of course I wanted to fit Paul and Don on that list. But they arent war mongers and tends to stick to themselves in most of our games. Tho they has great potential to ravage his neighbors. I do tend to poke don with a stick. He may look weak; but dont let it fool you. When roused; he is mighty with the strength of many faded glory's. And ive found myself running for my life in a few games.

Im pretty evil myself, if only i usually need a teammate to join me. But Im not on the scale of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X