This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gavrushka
    lilgabe.. Blackice will be a great tutor. Three years ago I played against him in my first on line game.. Needless to say I came second... But months of patient tutelidge brought me to the dizzy heights of the almighty Gavrushka destroyer of all..

I will be up for a game probably over the Easter Holidays.

Hey Ice, it is nice to see green pings now I have Broadband.. Thanks for the patches!
    Just remember..when its late..and your all alone..and feeling down..and..blue..there are NO FRIENDLIES!!

MISTUH Blackice (C..I am back addressing the Great-1 in a manner commensurate with his stature)

Ok..HE is a friendly...I mean..he even has courtesy on his resume'....

Me..I am like an old dawg..

See if you like how this dogs owner bites!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• If someone wants to start a game, I'm up for it. Hopefully it's at least 3 players involved.

Comment

• Trolldog

You gotta love it Gav No biggy bud. It is good to see you smile again. Thanks for the good words, and yes lilgabe he does kick my butt now too. Only when I let him though.

Seriously, heh ok just for one minute. Times up!
        Ok really to expound upon what Gavrushka is saying lilgabe, what we do here in online and in PBEM is hopefully show newbies all the tricks and strategies to beat the best.

The reason is obvious the better your oponent the better the game. the better the game the mre fun it is. So hang out for awhile learn some things, all of us in the PBEM comunity try to act this way.

We hopefully encourage it in others too. No look around we do exactly that. We will not just go out to kick your butt and get self gratification from it. No just the opposit, we will show you the ropes the tricks and the best winning strategies we, as an open community have to offer. That way you can kick our butt as in the case of Gav and many others. That is the only way IMHO to really appreciate a great game with a great opponent/ ok it is social (pathic) too.

Have a stroll about the threads here, start with the mulitiplayer strategy thread. Monster Gav and others have contributed many post's related to the "winning" strategies and I do believe, as do most a very worth while read. Ask any questions and feel free to toss about new ideas.

I think you will like you stay here after all we are warm fuzzy killing machines, er helpful people, but first and foremost The only active growing CTP community on the planet. :0)

Easter when is that, I am so busy right now I need a brain transplant. Or a chip one or the other.

Easter sounds good Gav I hope we can connect up on one of those days.

lilgabe I am still up, go figure I quit work about 10 minutes ago. If you are still ready i have an hour or so. Be warned though on a night like tonight I may just pass out in front of you
        Last edited by blackice; April 2, 2004, 02:10.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
          ...after all we are warm fuzzy killing machines...

Aptly put

Comment

• Hey Gav

I'm afraid I won't be able to play over Easter Weekend because I'll be in France, skiing with the rest of my family. But I do have some spare time this weekend (and most others ) so just let me know
            Ash nazg dubratuluk
            ash nazg gimbatul
            ash nazg trakutaluk
            agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

• Stephan, unfortunately my Mum flies back into UK tomorrow. I have not seen her in about 5 months (she lives in Cyprus now) so this weekend will be out. Usually on a weekend I drive down to the Midlands (Birmingham area of UK) so it is very difficult unfortunatelty. I am sure we can arrange something some time!

Holidays skiing.. Its just too much for me.. I managed one week away in the last 6 years, and that was in Wales!!
              He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• How about a PBEM, Gavrushka? Like old times! Maybe get a couple more players... I want revenge from your nanite factory produced space fighters who humbled my sorry backward arse!!

Comment

• Blackice, you have a challenge from Dimytes on the CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder thread. Can you please respond to him?

Comment

• I have by email Quinn, I am three days behind in emails so I am down to 100 now. I assure you I will look at his email.

Wait I did look at it he forgot the no ai patch...

ricketyclik
                    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                    Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
                      How about a PBEM, Gavrushka? Like old times! Maybe get a couple more players... I want revenge from your nanite factory produced space fighters who humbled my sorry backward arse!!
                      That was a good game... and a great end battle . Yes it would be good to play a PBEM with you again, and yes it would be far better to have more players to reduce the turn rate a little. The next week or so I am even busier than normal, but there is always time for a PBEM turn. Standard Game?

I am doing up churches for resale now BTW.. After losing a fortune on houses!

Some of the photos for the biggest project I have ever done are at http://home.btconnect.com/Charminster/ and yes the fat bloke in the yellow jacket in the distance is me.. ..
                      Last edited by Gavrushka; April 2, 2004, 20:08.

Comment

• Okay Gavrushka! Standard Game sounds fine. How many others would be good? Two more players? What should be the name of the game? How about, "Lost In Translation"? I'll post a new thread for the game unless you want to host it.

And... ummm... your Charminster link requires a user id and password to access. At least that was the message I got when I CLICKED it.

Comment

After losing a fortune on houses!
                          Sorry to hear that.

Comment

• It would be better if someone else hosted.. BTW I changed the link to the right one!

A couple would be good, or more...

Yes that name sounds good .. Or what about 'Fat English Bloke gets his just desserts' ..

Comment

It would be better if someone else hosted.. BTW I changed the link to the right one!

A couple would be good, or more...

Yes that name sounds good .. Or what about 'Fat English Bloke gets his just desserts' ..
                              someone say desserts..~drool~

GT
                              Attached Files
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• How can I test to see if MP works?

Comment

Working...
                                X