This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filix I should have time Saturday night. 8pm est
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by filix

Yes ctp is the best game i know, but i like civ3 too. Give them the points why ctp is the best game i hope well get an old school sid meyer game . There are not much players left which play ctp
      True. But CTP players are here to stay!! (Until we find a better game, that is. ) To me, Civ3 was like playing Civ1 but with new graphics --- and much more tediousness. Civ1 was a good game, but CTP ran circles around it. So maybe Civ4 will combine some of CTP's features, but I doubt it. It will just be Civ3 with some more prettier pictures added -- and definitely more grandiose marketing. Cheers to the designers, programmers, writers, voices, and artists of Civilization:Call To Power!

Comment

• You are right on Quinns, ctp is still the best of the genre. It still surprises me that most people don't see that. I also don't have alot of hope for civ4, but ctp2 may be worth playing someday, now that the source code has been released.
        Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
        - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• Originally posted by david42one
          You are right on Quinns, ctp is still the best of the genre. It still surprises me that most people don't see that. I also don't have alot of hope for civ4, but ctp2 may be worth playing someday, now that the source code has been released.

Yes ctp is the best game, but you could help them to see why ctp is the best game or why for example the trade in ctp is better than at civ3.

Comment

• Can anyone send me their server.dat file..mine is too old, thanks Stephan
            Ash nazg dubratuluk
            ash nazg gimbatul
            ash nazg trakutaluk
            agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

• Originally posted by Azrael
              Can anyone send me their server.dat file..mine is too old, thanks Stephan
              Hi Stephan,

What is your email address?

Comment

• Originally posted by david42one
                You are right on Quinns, ctp is still the best of the genre. It still surprises me that most people don't see that. I also don't have alot of hope for civ4, but ctp2 may be worth playing someday, now that the source code has been released.
                Thanks David! I just ordered CTP2 for 20 USD. I'll give it a shot, too, now that the CTP2 source code has been released to the public.

Filix, I think your efforts to make a better CIV4 would be better spent with the CTP2 Source Code Project. There you can have a DIRECT influence on the CTP2 enhancements to eventually make a FREE FOR ALL CTP2.1F (F for Free -- or whatever the first phase of release will be) run on Apolyton. It's a great idea. I hope it pans out. Lots of people have signed up to help, including some very knowledgeable programmers and graphics artists as well as a few ex-employees of Activision who directly worked on CTP 1 and 2. Check out the CTP2 forum under the Source Code Project if you're interested.

Comment

• Quinns,

My email is Stephan@bluejarf.nl thanks
                  Ash nazg dubratuluk
                  ash nazg gimbatul
                  ash nazg trakutaluk
                  agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

• Stephan, why have you stopped playing Conquer! turns?

Comment

• servers.dat sent to Azrael.

Comment

• You ready Filix? Anyone else gaming tonight?
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

• best game on planet earth

Originally posted by quinns
                          True. But CTP players are here to stay!! artists of Civilization:Call To Power!
                          You are right Quinns i found my game already, but ill buy "civ3 play the world" to show them some old civ skills
                          But i guess i have to practise first

Is Gavrushka death or is he dady now?

Comment

• Last time I heard from Gavrushka, he told me that his father passed away. I have not heard from his since.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
                              Last time I heard from Gavrushka, he told me that his father passed away. I have not heard from his since.
                              Last I heard was when we were looking for details on Steve (Faded Glory)

Gavrushka was good player!

Maybe one day maybe he will return!
                              Attached Files
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Anyone up for a game? Eme
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X