Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like playing on-line, but it is usually a bit tough to put together that many hours in a row. Also, I think I just like to milk it too much. Most of the time folks think I play to slow even though I am clicking about as fast as I can go.
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• I can relate, took me some time too, I have to guess it is the same with everyone.

I found dedicated players time was not a problem any more. Similar to here, I was shown how to speed up my turn play, now I show others. I think we can all relate, again if you would like to learn let us know. Someone has the time to create competition I assure you.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
        I can relate, took me some time too, I have to guess it is the same with everyone.

I found dedicated players time was not a problem any more. Similar to here, I was shown how to speed up my turn play, now I show others. I think we can all relate, again if you would like to learn let us know. Someone has the time to create competition I assure you.
        I play everyday!!
        (Well, almost everyday)

Let me know, we can work together.

The thing about keeping turns fast is games go faster.

A piece of advice that helped me was to play on speed cities...i.e. 7 sec + 7 seconds per city built. Once I had that down, a "Normal" game was much more acceptable.

I just cant stand for a turn to take 5 minutes, I mean, later in game perhaps, but when you have say 9 cities and its turn 75-100...thats not acceptable or even reasonable.

But, thats my opinion and well, you will find many opinions around here

Thats another reason I dont play with 3 or more people, too slow and plus meeting up is darned near impossible.

Me..I am east coast usa...so maybe 5-6 pm evenings til 9-10 evenings.

BUT, enter and person from arround the globe and they are 6 hours difference and well, you can see the problem.

Good luck my friend and hope to see you around!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by checkMate
          I like playing on-line, but it is usually a bit tough to put together that many hours in a row. Also, I think I just like to milk it too much. Most of the time folks think I play to slow even though I am clicking about as fast as I can go.
          Yeah..the term "MILK" means to slow down to a snails pace..yup, thats a bad deal. Learn as you go to quere your city build order, move units as fast as possible, even preset their path.

Good luck Checkmate!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• i havent played online very often, but i think you can do a lot of stuff during your opponents turns in MP mode.
            try that out.
            Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
            O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• One time I was shoving some sliders around while it was the other folks turn. I think I had em in the wrong spot when my turn came around and wham-o. No more civ :<
              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by checkMate
                One time I was shoving some sliders around while it was the other folks turn. I think I had em in the wrong spot when my turn came around and wham-o. No more civ :<
                Checkmate

If your bar is

GREEN then your pretty safe moving a slider or even two and be in fairly good standing when turn switches.

However, should say a couple of cities be ready to grow or have other unhappiness problems, then your opening Pandoras Box.

Good Luck to you my friend!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• Good stuff troll

To add to that, the building que really helps to limit that effect too.

If you pre-plan most if not all of your troop movements on the last turn, then have a building que done from the onset of each phase. what is a phase?

The synchronized movement and growth of your nation based on science, improvements, gold, production, happiness, pollution, military improvements and units.

Moving your sliders is less tramatic to the game, server, connection, information especially the transfer, with that in mind your civ loss will happen less often. Since we have all learned to play this way sinc problems are down to a minimum.

You may suffer a resync from time to time, but your civ is not going down as your example.

Online and pbem are different that way, yet not...

I have seen some very corrupted Pbem games based on to many changes per turn, happiness pollution etc.

I think that is all part of learning the game. Just online makes you learn that aspect of the game faster. As it does with many other aspects of this game.

Personally this game would be awesome if it was in real time. Imagine the chaos You would have to be quick, precise and very good to play that intellegently and with some form of finess and appreciation of the basic make-up of the game and it's programing.

Deep you bet, fun....Too much fun Think of this beyond a prewar build up in the world, how many leaders on this planet control what we do in a game? Heck we take dictators out in a matter of hours playing this game, not weeks or years. We co-ordinate that with other nations etc...

Yet in the time frame we do it in online and in pbem also, but with 24 hours to decide, that takes talent. Something we all have in common by the simple virtue that we play this awesome game.

Sum it up the faster you understand the basic's of the game, the faster your turns. It's a natural progession, just online accellerates the process...Pbem reinforces it

hope that helps.
                  Last edited by blackice; April 20, 2003, 01:17.
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

• Anyone up for a game?
                    Or do we?

Comment

• game anyone ?
                      i reinstalled CTP. i hope i can connect now...
                      mathemagician@gmx.de

Comment

• Sure be there in two minutes
                        Or do we?

Comment

• oh okay, ill be there as soon as i can

Comment

• haha !
                            i forgot to reinstall servers.dat
                            okay, nothing funny so far. but when i tried to download it again i got a page with the following text:
                            "Congratulations ! You have found a missing page !"

wow ! what great luck. a lot of bureaucrats would be happy about this.

Comment

• can you send it to me ice ?

Comment

• sure can And congrats on the missing page

In the mail asap!
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X