Sucession Warz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucession Warz

I was reading in the CTP2 forums where some one plays 20 or so turns of a single player game, then they send it to the next person in line. When ever a decision to build a wonder, which government to go for, or which tech to research, they make a poll post in he forums. Different mods could be used, a better AI would be an improvment. Suggestions, comments?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

I played that game, but in CTP2 AI give more challenge than here, so a game of 100 turns will easy take off all AI of the game, so only 5 players could take place.

But who knows...

Comment

they make a poll post in he forums

No we don't. Whoever plays makes the call. I think they do this in the democracy game though (for Civ2)...

berXpert: Are you sure CtP1's AI is better? When's the last time you played CtP2 + Cradle?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The AI is easy in CTP, easier in CTP2. Yet their are mods out there that can improve an AI performance, or we could modify them ourselves.
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

That's right... actually the AI of Cradle and MedMod with CtP 2 bests the AI of CtP 1.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Medmod for CTP has a pretty good AI too.Anyothers have a good AI you know of Solver?

Comment

Nimrod, I'd say MedMod & Cradle, still.

Comment

I'd say Cradle for CtP2 has the best AI, followed by MedMod for CtP2, then WaW for CtP2, then GoodMod for CtP2, then MedMod for CtP1, then Apolyton Pack for CtP2, then original CtP1, then original CtP2. (Yes, I left out quite a few mods but these are at the moment the most important mods (AFAIK)).

Anyway, back to the topic. I should note that in our current CtP2 Succession Games (there are two games running at the moment) only the first round consists of 20 turns, the second round is 15 turns and every round after that 10 turns. With a much more challenging AI this should give us at least 5-7 rounds of fun and challanging gameplay (but quite possibly more since not all participants are expert players and make mistakes)...
                Edit: and that's playing on King level on Cradle v1.3
                Last edited by Locutus; April 20, 2002, 06:43.

Comment

Locutus, I have recently read your excellent post comparing MedMod and Cradle AIs, but I actually prefer MedMod, as a whole mod. First, you can play it right as it is, second I love its new concepts, mainly Elite Units, and I prefr the AI to make the right decisions.

Wish MedMod got another upgrade, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Locutus, I have recently read your excellent post comparing MedMod and Cradle AIs, but I actually prefer MedMod, as a whole mod. First, you can play it right as it is, second I love its new concepts, mainly Elite Units, and I prefr the AI to make the right decisions.
                    Yeap, until a few weeks before I wrote that I preferred MedMod too (for the reasons you mention), but Cradle's AI is just so d*mn good...

Wish MedMod got another upgrade, though.
                    Don't worry, the mod's not dead yet. I can't say much at this point but suffice to say that Wes and I are exchanging emails again...

Comment

After looking at the AI files and trying to figure out how to improve the AI, I have come up with the following suggestion:

Give all AI's a size 10+ city with half mountains, half grassland, sitting on a forest tile with rivers and goods on every tile.

Settler or two in the starting city.

10,000 gold
                      5,000 PW

Diety setting

Well?

Comment

Working...
                      X