Ctp Pbem Rankings 12th April 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    A private conversation between Gav and Blackice ? OK, I won't get in .
    Blackice unfortunately suffers my rantings when things go a little bit wrong...
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Yes Lung, I had the idea a while ago... I want a game between Top 8 rated PBEMers, and if possible Internet game, too - though the latter is outside my area of influence.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

For Lung and the other pretenders... please take a look at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...9&goto=newpost

Comment

I'm just wondering how I beat Gav... I'm at #24? What have I been doing right? I thought I was sucking it up in everything but bulletproof and livewire (where they're not far enough for me to notice that I'm sucking it up.)
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

And my head hurts trying to understand the forumlas... my hat is off to you Gav for being able to do all the calcs.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

FlameFlash, the older formular were difficult, really, these arent too hard, once Gav told me, they're absolutely and plain easy.

Comment

Two FULL pages and not a single new result... Next weeks update is going to look a bit familiar I think.....

Comment

Yeah, tends to happen so . Don't despair man.

Comment

*****NEWS FLASH!!!!!*****

LUNG RETIRES FROM PBEM!!!!

In an announcement not entirely unexpected, Lung announced his retirement today with fanfare, in a press conference attended by the odd cockroach and a mouse scampering away in what Lung presumed was a rush to tell the world this important news.

"I leave my quest for fame, perfection, and rankings success without regrets. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as the world's number one CTP PBEM player, but it is truly lonely at the top, so i look forward to spending the rest of my time in this world in the presence of mere mortals.

Some have said that i have not proven myself against all challengers and they have given other various excuses for their own shortcomings, but at the end of the day, i'm better than that Faded Glory wancker, and that's what really matters. It's these petty rivalries that make life worth living, and denying that tosser the chance to validate his spurious claims to being better than me is the greatest joy of my life, except for of course that time when i ground BirdBrain into dust in one of my greater victories, but for pure satisfaction value, denying Faded Glory the glory he never had is unsurpassed!

Farewell suckers! I'm off to the boozer "

And with that farewell, the cockroaches paused as they saw the lights go off, said "what was that all about?" to each other, and went about their dirty business.

Comment

Lung's entry will be removed from the PBEM rankings Table.... It will be as if he never existed....

Seriously Lung, pity to see you go, I cannot accept that you were the best PBEM player, just the one with the highest points.... I think it is safe to say you were probably the best militant PBEM player.... Enjoy your life filled with Golf and Drink.

Comment

Pity to see you go, here, too. I don't want the entry to be removed from the table, though. From now on it will be called CtP PBEM Ratings - ad memoriam Lung, 1999-2002.

Lung, would you pliiiz still take part in this tourney? You're obviously one of the best players.

Comment

Do Some PBEM, turn 99
                          1. Birdman
                          2. Siege
                          3. Stavros
                          4. Paul
                          5. (Dugrik) -- remains unranked until turn 109
                          6. (AI)
                          7. Nimrod

Comment

Lung, I assume you will only retire after the next turn of Lung's Fast. I've been falling ever closer to the bottom of the rankings by staying rated in that game, so I really need the points I'm going to gain now.

Comment

Of course, Paul. I will not deny you your moment of glory. It's just that Gavrushka told me that i could gain no more points from Lung's FAST! pbem, so there's nothing left in it for me. I am happy to remain rated until you beat me, although i'm still unsure how you got the jump on me with the Alien Life Project. Not that i'm making excuses or anything (okay, so i'm making excuses ), but i'd only ever built the ALP once ever, and that was in single player mode shortly after i first bought the game, due to my painfully slow PC. I guess at this point in the game i am a babe in the woods I could say though, that you had help in science from Maestro that you mightn't have had from Stavros, but i don't care because you are the master of OCC in Civ2! Hail the great Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                                Pity to see you go, here, too. I don't want the entry to be removed from the table, though. From now on it will be called CtP PBEM Ratings - ad memoriam Lung, 1999-2002.

Lung, would you pliiiz still take part in this tourney? You're obviously one of the best players.
                                Seeing as everyone is chomping at the bit to have a piece of me, i may take part only if i can forego my commitment to Civil War pbem, which seems to have stalled for the long run.

I just want to free up my time so i can play online multiplayer from time to time, as well as ultimately play Civ3 when i eventually upgrade my PC. Besides, too many pbem games get in the way of other marital activities Unlike some other players of years past, i won't be vanishing without so much as a goodbye

Comment

Working...
                                X