No announcement yet.

Ctp Pbem Rankings 12th April 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a complete explanation of the new system at the top of this thread... As I have mentioned before, the system was applied because I could not work out how to do it the other way, and I am a servant in this - someone tell me what to do and I do it... Propose a system that people prefer and I will use it.. However there are a lot of militants about, and public consensus is usually best before implementation... Damned Militants they are everywhere....
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Brr, forgot to add the simleys when I needed them .

As for Team Games, I have the same general idea - points for achievemets.

So once again, I need details on the new calculation methods and everything. Gav, you should have asked me about those formulas... I used them a lot, and had an understanding of them. Yours might be quicker to count, though, but if anyone makes a program, that won't matter. Hope Zobo does it, for I'm pretty frightened about my skills .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

No, I don't want another system Gav, because I prefer to do as little changes as possible.

However, I AM stupid - I don't understand the explanations up there, so I need one more detailed, with maths, and in easier language - hard English for me to understand. I'm very ashamed, but please . I know it's easy, but gotta have someone explain it to me.

Comment

Everyone has a score, when a rated turn comes in every player has 10% taken from his score and added together, so with 3 players on 21 points each they each have 2.1 points taken off there scores, they now have 18.9 points, the 2.1 for each player is added together
          2.1+2.1+2.1=6.3

And then the formula is applied to see who gets what..

3 player game first player gets 54%

6.3*54%=3.402

this is added on to his score (reduced by the 2.1 he staked)

so 18.9+ 3.402 = 22.302

Player 2 gets 31% of the 6.3

6.3*31%= 1.953

so his new score is 18.9+1.953 = 20.853

Player 3 gets 15% of the 6.3

6.3*15% = 0.945

so his new score is 19.845

Comment

Understood now, I think. Is that right that you only need one calc per a player in a game, only calcualting the score ONCE for EACH PLAYER, without those mid-scores? Hope I understood this OK.

Still think the Tennis system was an easy one, though. So we're both fools .

Will try to calc a few scores now, to see if I understood it correct.

Comment

The problem with the other system was obvious, this system promotes games and ranking movements. If Faded thinks he dropped fast with this system the last one would have him at the bottom of the ranks by now

Teams could be based on win/loss only.

This system is easy 10% of your score is put in a pot with the other players. On turns ending in 9 the winners and losers share the pot according to thier rank at that time based on the posted formula.

Racing for 9th turn rankings is always going to happen. I had started a thread once on how to play your game to maximize the ranking system, it's there so manipulate it, if that is your goal. For instance newbies jumping into higher ranked players games and winning can reap huge rewards
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

Hehe, Blackice, good points .

Comment

There are lots of programmers in the OT. If you ask nice enough, maybe someone will do it.

I cant program for ****. Even tho I have blitz basic. The best I can do is :Ask the user his name: Hello your is name is?
                  IfSteve=yes&then Print: You da man
                  Ifuserdoesnot=Steve;

Of course thats not relly how it goes. But I did do somthing like that.

Comment

Faded, such talent.... I think u just invented a new language!

Comment

Originally posted by Gavrushka
                      Faded, such talent.... I think u just invented a new language!
                      I did create a program like that! It asked me for my name. Only 'steve' worked. And one steve was tped and presse ente. The program ended. Simple, but it worked! Like I said make an OT thread. There are lots of programmers in there, who are genius and do math for hobby's.

Comment

If I had a good old fashioned Basic Interpreter I could do it simply myself.... But Zobo is gonna have a look at doing it, so that should make my life a lot simpler....

Comment

I have made the carcass for that program, but don't even hope I would send it!

Comment

I will try to do something...
                            Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --
                            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

I will try to do something...
                              Zobo Ze Warrior
                              --
                              Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Will you try twice ?

Comment

Working...
                                X