No announcement yet.

Ctp Pbem Rankings 12th April 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• Oh I agree J. I bet no system can remove a winner... Lung would have to keep losing in order for that to happen. Conversely so would everyone else. I have read quite a bit about these ranking systems. I see that no one has elliminated the Klair situation. What I did read was with certain systems it is harder and less likely to happen. So which was the best system and who used it and for what reason was the next research.

This type pf wager system came out on top for gamers. One of the main reasons was less rules to make it work. The next reason was they could focus on rules that enhanced the game (positive ones) than negative rules.

This opened the door for gaming with "luck" as a factor to make the system more fair for newbies. I like that part, plus the fact a winner no matter who, was the main focus of the system. Not what you lose but what you gain. This opens the door for play with any ranked player VS. picking the players to enhance your chance of taking top dog.

A classic example of the old system (based on the ELO) is Kasparov who is not only a master at chess but a master at the ELO system. Most believe he is not the top dog. Most do agree however he is the master at manipulating the system in order to stay top dog.
      Last edited by blackice; July 30, 2002, 13:03.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

• SPAM MA'AM

Originally posted by blackice
        A classic example of the old system (based on the ELO) is Kasparov who is not only a master at chess but a master at the ELO system. Most believe he is not the top dog. Most do agree however he is the master at manipulating the system in order to stay top dog...
        This is a classic example of flame bait

If not Kasparov, who in your opinion, is the top dog?

Perhaps, any of the other GMs who've not won as many elite tournaments as Kasparov has? Or what about any of the others who can't stop griping about Kasparov, but have nothing to show for when it comes to playing chess... See, it's so easy to talk the talk...

Sorry I had to bite the bait
        "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• Originally posted by jpww
          If not Kasparov, who in your opinion, is the top dog?
          Why, Deep Blue of course .

Comment

• Kasparov Jp picks his own opponents and approves the rules. There are several GM he refuses to play. You should read more about the subject.
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
              Kasparov Jp picks his own opponents and approves the rules. There are several GM he refuses to play. You should read more about the subject.
              Blackice, there is no need to make fool of yourselves about Kasparov subject. He's top dog because he's the best. And he is proving that all the time against all best players. ELO system simply can not be manipulated. Obviously only manipulation with ELO system is yours.

Comment

• Ok...
                Last edited by blackice; August 2, 2002, 03:37.
                Or do we?

Comment

• I thought we were going to quit bickering? Ummf...

Comment

Kasparov Jp picks his own opponents and approves the rules. There are several GM he refuses to play. You should read more about the subject.
                    Maybe you should stop being so gullible

Anyway, I'm nearly a chess master and I've played against Kasparov in two simuls. You didn't know this, of course. But you are so full of it, I had to bring it up
                    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• We have at least you and I agreed I guess kralj is not done yet?

Cxr is nice too still has flaws but a great online calculator

Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

Why, Deep Blue of course .

Surely DB feels very proud of beating Kasparov!

Did I say feel?

Comment

• Maybe you should stop being so gullible

Yes I guess all those news reports and articles are just bunk because Jp said so. Speaking of gullible. Hey Jp post some links some facts I would like to read them. I have an open mind unlike some people of course it could be BS. I'll wait and see your "proof" of your claims.

Which ranking system do you go by JP. What is your ranking? What league are you in?
                          Or do we?

Comment

Maybe you should stop being so gullible

Yes I guess all those news reports and articles are just bunk because Jp said so. Speaking of gullible. Hey Jp post some links some facts I would like to read them. I have an open mind unlike some people of course it could be BS. I'll wait and see your "proof" of your claims.

Which ranking system do you go by JP. What is your ranking? What league are you in?
                            What and give away my beloved anonymity?

BTW, you are quoting an old source. It must be old because there is a chess reunification process underway. These are some of the key players that took part in the talks to make it happen: The Einstein Group, Yasser Seirawan, Gary Kasparov, Vladimir Kramnik, Ruslam Ponomariov, Kirslan llyumzhinov and Anatoli Karpov.

You probably don't recognize half the names on the list, which I think is hilarious Look them up if you wish

Comment

• You probably don't recognize half the names on the list, which I think is hilarious

I did not think so more BS from JP. You are getting quite the reputation... What is funny JP are moronic statements like yours above. First you assume then you laugh at your assuption as you then believe it to be true.
                              They put people in new white jackets for less.

The link I provided mentions the reunification JP.

Another one that can not read or is too stuck in his own "I know it all I am king" to expand his knowledge.
                              Or do we?

Comment

• I don't know it all but I'm fairly sure you don't know jack about chess!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X