Rankings (and other news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings (and other news)

Well, after a lot of whining, I finally got Markos to give me access to the news script So now I can post news items whenever I want (without having to wait 2 weeks before Markos will finally put them up ).

Last year, for a couple of months, PBEM and net rankings were posted every so often but in July somewhere this stopped. How about me reviving that tradtion again? Would that be a good or a bad idea? If you guys like it, could you tell me where and when I can find the most recent rankings (I noticed the topped treads but from the look of it they haven't been updated in a while)?

Also, if you know any other CtP news (MP-related or otherwise), don't hesitate to let me know...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

In Theory they get updated once a month, so they are a little over due... I will have a new thread started withing 48 hours... Blackice is likewise ready with a new thread, and if you want updates more often, please tell us.... The reason it slowed down was because fewer results came in as 2001 closed, and there was very little to update, but now with so many new games, an internet tournament ongoing, and many new players perhaps more frequent updates would be better..

And thanks for expressing an interest.... We were all feeling very lonely and unloved....
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Locutus, speak to me . This is my forum and my ratings system . What happened in July was a change of the executive director of Ratings, so they had a stop for some time, and Markos got asleep, never reminding me to post those again.

Go and post the newest PBEM Ratings now, for example, I just toped the new thread.

Good luck Locutus, and don't forget to visit the staff room.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And yeah Gavrushka, it would of course be cooler if you actually worked as the default ladder system says - remember, the original one was updated each 2 weeks. On the one hand I am in charge here, but I understand that this isn't a thing that I can decide, you will update as often as you can, but I would strongly prefer the updates each two weeks, as they were before.

Comment

Two weeks is fine with me... it was very disheartening a few months ago, when very few games were moving, but with a large influx of new players, new games starting yes, no problem.
          He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Guys,
            I don't particularly mind how/when/by whom/how often these rankings get posted. Just post the rankings and I'll update whenever I see them. I'm supposed to provide a service to you, not the other way around...

I try to check this forum everyday but when I'm busy I might not get around to it for a few days, feel free to email/ICQ/PM/whatever when you need me (thanks for that, Gav (assuming it was you, but I'm sure it was)).

And thanks for expressing an interest.... We were all feeling very lonely and unloved....
            Hey, I only do it because it's my job

Solver,
            Good luck Locutus, and don't forget to visit the staff room.
            Thanks (...again ). Been there...

Go and post the newest PBEM Ratings now, for example, I just toped the new thread.
            ...done that

Comment

Most of the new PBEM games are one-on-one challenges, which is fine, but they will need to be rated differently as Gav has stated.
              "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Locutus, just a reminder that we won't post a new thread with each new ratings, a new thread will be up once a month or like that... maybe I'll ICQ you when the updates are.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Locutus, just a reminder that we won't post a new thread with each new ratings, a new thread will be up once a month or like that... maybe I'll ICQ you when the updates are.
                  Yeah, I noticed that. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on the existing threads too, but notifications would be welcome too...

Comment

Locutus, you look like an addicted and devoted guy .

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Locutus, you look like an addicted and devoted guy .
                      Addicted? What, me?! That's proposterous, such an insult! I may be here 6-8 hours a day, but that doesn't make me addicted!

Comment

Working...
                      X