Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lan game over the internet

Hello everyone,

My brother and I have Civilization call to power. We've been playing it against eachother for a couple years now, but we've recently both gone off to different colleges...

Is there a way we can play eachother over the internet with out going through the online activision servers?
    His computer has internet connection through the school, but it won't allow him to connect to the server. (some firewall setting that they will not change)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
    Fission

Are you sure its just not a bad server file?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Yup, I tried the server file that someone had linked in the message board, and I tried giving him mine. I can access it, but his won't, he doesn't even get to the joining lobby part.

Comment

Fission, I think it is unsolvable... we have a player here behind a firewall... the only way he can get to play is to log on as the administrator, and disable it.... I've asked someone who may help to have a look, but looks like you may have to settle for playing us lesser mortals..... OR U could ring the College Dean and say your brother is having an affair with his wife, get him thrown off the course, and problem solved....
        He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Lol Gav, ok what school and what firewall I may be able to help then
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Working...
          X