hey i can't play ONLINE ON CTP i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey i can't play ONLINE ON CTP i need help

hey... i have no clue why i can't play online can somebody help this newb out lol
    Tool Rulez....

We can help we just need to know what the problem is exactly
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

I try to enter a lobby and it says i can't.... is there a different server i have to log into???
      Tool Rulez....

Comment

Do you have the latest patches from apolyton site? 1.2 and the 1.21?
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

i d/l the 1.2 and it said i didnt need... 1.21 i havent tryed
          Tool Rulez....

Comment

Servers are up and surprisingly with great pings

You may need the patches and the server.dat file
            Or do we?

Comment

where can i get this server dat file?
              Tool Rulez....

Comment

server.dat

Go there and download Darth Vipers server.dat unzip it to
                c:\program files\activision\cilivization-call to power\ctp_program\ctp

Just replace the exsisting one if it promts you. Then try again I will meet you in cali server You will need the 1.21 patch too BTW
                Or do we?

Comment

umm... it didnt work... it just gave me seom document called attachment... um u know a different place to get it
                  Tool Rulez....

Comment

rename it to servers.zip see if that works.
                    Or do we?

Comment

If not try this:
                      Attached Files
                      Or do we?

Comment

Do you have dsl that uses p.p.p.o.e.? If so, you won't be able to join online ctp games(I can't). Unless of course somebody know a fix for this
                        Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
                        - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

Originally posted by david42one
                          Do you have dsl that uses p.p.p.o.e.? If so, you won't be able to join online ctp games(I can't). Unless of course somebody know a fix for this
                          I've had dsl using pppoe for almost two years now. I have some problems with joining lobbies, but usually can get into gamepoint and nukedays.

Here is my connection.

ADSL 1.5M down 256 up
                          Efficient 4060 modem
                          RASPPPOE for connection protocol
                          ISP SBC/Ameritech

Your problem may be with your ISP, some block certain ports. I have not answer for that, contact your ISP. It may also be with you connection set-up. If you are connecting your modem to a router the firewall function of the router may be blocking the CTP connection. There should be a way to allow CTP thru the firewall, check your router manual.
                          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

My zonealarm shows ctp going through port 7
                            Or do we?

Comment

My Zonealarm doesn't record a block when I can't get into a lobby. Usually Zonealarm will allow a program to use any port once the initial authorization is given.
                              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X