CtP-Multiplayer Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Bytheway
    Why do people keep writing 'MOD' in capital letters?
    Yes, I've always wondered about this as well, it's IMHO butt-ugly, and we have always written it as 'mod'. It even goes so far that a CtP2 news item I sent to DanQ yesterday was posted but, as Dan put it, "with some minor revisions", one of which was that he had replaced my 'mod' with 'MOD'
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
      Are you lieing? Or is are you serouis?
      Does he really smoke that much?
      Totally serious and no he has not smoked for years lol. We sat in a local cafe had coffie chatted a bit. He was on location doing a commercial, very nice man.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Locutus, nice to see you here . I've even noticed that some people think MOD is an abbreviation...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, I take my gaming so seriously that I play with the Ministry Of Defence to hone my skills

Comment

Blackice, you've met William B. Davis live? Lucky sucker . Yes, from what I know, he's a very nice man, an interesting one. And he has never smoked, he gets very unwell from cigarettes.

Comment

Solver,
              I post here every now and then, but most of the time I just lurk (since I don't actually play CtP1 myself, SP or MP). This place is often more entertaining than OT

Yes, I take my gaming so seriously that I play with the Ministry Of Defence to hone my skills

Comment

Entertaining place, yes. I guess Saddam has a lot to do with it .

Comment

I'd be interested - and I have another idea, why not let each player choose the terrain inside their city radius - that makes it fair in a whole different way.
                  Alright, what do you want? Should we include a small inlet of sea for all players or make it purly land?
                  So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod

Alright, what do you want? Should we include a small inlet of sea for all players or make it purly land?
                    A small inlet? I think with as many people as you seem to be attracting (myself included), you might want to just make up a few different games... and I think one with each city being stuck on an island with a little bay, maybe mountains, and a forest it'd really make for a production heavy game with just navy units.

Just having to decide where to put your city would be nice... but what about being given enough PW and tech so that you could just redefine how you wanted the landscape around your city? That way there's still the fairness factor (I can see cities surrounded by mountains now ) but then, of course, they would have to strategize not to use ANY fast moving units for the most part either (except for some of the later ones of course.

I'd be more interested in the game that offered normal tech development, just because I think it'd be more fun IMO to watch phalanxs, legions, archers, and knights duking it out instead of seeing things suddenly crash to the Earth from outer space.

Hey Locutus! Did you ever get in contact with the programmer of the Mac transmogrifier? Just curious.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                      Hey Locutus! Did you ever get in contact with the programmer of the Mac transmogrifier? Just curious.
                      I haven't gotten around to that yet but I certainly plan on doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod
                        I think I'd like to go for just land for starters - perhaps try a sea game later.

As for the terrain, I think I'd be boring and just go for half mountains/half grasssland

] Originally posted by FlameFlash
                        Just having to decide where to put your city would be nice... but what about being given enough PW and tech so that you could just redefine how you wanted the landscape around your city? That way there's still the fairness factor (I can see cities surrounded by mountains now ) but then, of course, they would have to strategize not to use ANY fast moving units for the most part either (except for some of the later ones of course.
                        Possibly - I think I'd rather go for removing the tech requirements on terraforming than giving you the necessary tech. Don't forget that you can't terraform the city square or ocean squares so you have at least some decisions to make.

Comment

I think I'd like to go for just land for starters - perhaps try a sea game later.

As for the terrain, I think I'd be boring and just go for half mountains/half grasssland
                          I'll agree to both of those, one step at a time, right?

Possibly - I think I'd rather go for removing the tech requirements on terraforming than giving you the necessary tech. Don't forget that you can't terraform the city square or ocean squares so you have at least some decisions to make.
                          *nods* that would be better, otherwise we'd start doling out too many techs anyway. I think just a random map, with the ability to reshape the lay of the land around your one city would probably be the best idea... from my PoV, that way each of us can decide how we want our cities laid out.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

So, how much initial PW? And how much initial gold, too, while we're thinking about such things.

Comment

The worst case scenario is changing 20 squares glacier into mountain which is 180000 PW - so we might have to give 100000 odd.

Or... Instead of giving thousands of PW at the start, we could simply make terraforming really cheap. That way you'd still have to work for the PW to do farms etc.

Comment

Yet another thought... Do you think we should start a new thread to talk about this since we appear to have scared everyone else away from this one .

Comment

Working...
                                X