No announcement yet.

CtP-Multiplayer Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

• What can be a better tribute to me ?

/me looks at own avatar with tears in eyes
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• I haven't seen X-Files for a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll
            incompatibility of CTP & XP...
            Huh ?

I have no problem with playing CTP on windows XP
            veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

• The CTP/XP problems are variable, ill-defined and intermittent. I'm not sure they'd stand up to statistical analysis, but we all believe that they are there...

Many people, myself included, run CTP with no problems on XP. Many others can't make it work properly or at all. The problems are particularly associated with online MP.

Comment

• i have had no problems with xp (to date that is)
                I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
                Revelation 6:8

Comment

• You will if you try to save a MP game online..EVERYONE has, I have heard of NO ONE whom has NOT had problems when reloading a save..

EVERYONE at some point that I have talked to or played has gotten this error:

" NO SCENARIO FOUND "

I could play all the single player and PBEM I wanted no problems, I could play all my homemade Scenarios fine..

But another problem is when the host has XP and tries to play a MP online game they cannot enter a game.

Thtas what I am referring to.

BUT, if you folks have had no problems playing online, when do you play, havent seen you guys there..actually I only see a few diehards anymore sometimes I pure go to sleep waiting and wundering ifin any other loser..I mean CTP'er dedicated type will show up!

BUT, I hope I can resolve this soon!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• i dont have the time to play online very often. and i just played blackice last monday got my but kicked too but thats another story.
                    i dont play with scenario's so i dont know about that. but to get to play online i had to turn my fire wall off after i did that i was able to host and join games online have you tried furnning off your fire wall. you need to do that from your network connection
                    I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.

Comment

• Originally posted by MILAMBER
                      i dont have the time to play online very often. and i just played blackice last monday got my but kicked too but thats another story.
                      i dont play with scenario's so i dont know about that. but to get to play online i had to turn my fire wall off after i did that i was able to host and join games online have you tried furnning off your fire wall. you need to do that from your network connection
                      Yes I have turned off firewall, and no scenarios on my pc (I did, but took them out when i kept getting that message.)

I play online a lot and most all tell you that with XP its pretty darned impossible, at least to host. Then reload.

Now a player can Host with XP and if a player has an OS other than XP they can enter the game..BUT the problem exists when they try to RELOAD the game..hte error comes up.

A player can have 98..host, allow an XP OS player to join and all will operate fine.

~sigh!~

I get so frustrated..but alas..it will all be ok....ok..ok..

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• i hear ya troll

Comment

• Did I mention I have a Mac I'm still able to run CTP, even with the most recent version of the OS.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• No one likes a smartypants gloater Flame!

Comment

• Flame, think of all the stuff you CAN'T run .
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• People were thinking of a civgroup for the SL... if someone can convert this to .gif, how about this one?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X