Grrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr

Hey all, for some reason I can not downlaod any turns from my yahoo account. I currently have turns for Another World, Youngbloods, and Happy Killers 2. When I go to college today I will see if I can download them from there. Sorry for any delay.
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Re: Grrr

Originally posted by Nimrod
    Hey all, for some reason I can not downlaod any turns from my yahoo account. I currently have turns for Another World, Youngbloods, and Happy Killers 2. When I go to college today I will see if I can download them from there. Sorry for any delay.
    Through email client or from your browser?

If the first one then you have to enable the "Server require authentication" check box to be able to download it.

Comment

I had the same problem, what I noted is if you click on save button at the first message you get an empty HTML file.

So I click "open" until I see the name of the file at the message, then I click on "save".

It happen at home and at work.

Comment

Thx berXpert. It works here at the college. I will try it when I get home tonight in 4-6 hours. Then I will send and play my turns Any way to fix this problem?
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

I think the problem start with Internet Explorer 5.5, maybe if you use IE 5.0 or netscape could be fixed, I haven't any so I can't tell you.

Comment

earlier anger deleted....

ok I see the problem. thx pc, you have been a big help.
            Last edited by Nimrod; January 24, 2002, 16:57.

Comment

For all Yahoo Mail users, this is your procedure for the Yahoo Mail program to download attachments. Yahoo is difficult in how you have to sort of download twice to get the attachment into your computer. The following procedure will work with ANY file attachment you receive in Yahoo Mail. (I would suggest printing this page to your printer for future reference.)

1) Open Yahoo Mail "Inbox" or "Check Mail"

2) Locate the message with the attachment under the column "Size"

3) Click on the message to open and read it (under "Subject Title")

4) Scroll down to the bottom of the message to find the attachment in a box with a little "paper clip icon".

5) Always click on "Scan with Norton Antivirus" (good practice to avoid viruses)

6) If the Scan Result states "No Virus Threat Detected", click on "Download Attachment"

7) In the "File Download" window, click "Open this file from its current location"

8) Click on OK and the same "File Download" window will reopen again

9) This time, if not already marked, click "Save this program to disk" (default setting)

10) Click on OK

Note: Yahoo will download the attached file

and when finished, will display the "SAVE AS"

window at this time and ask you where you want

to put the downloaded file on your harddrive.

The usual Save As default is to the Windows

Desktop which is a good temporary location.

(If someone sends you pictures, etc., you may

want to choose a different folder to save them

into)

11) Your download is now complete. Close Yahoo Mail and get back to the Windows Desktop
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

I see that you know the correct procedure for access and download of attachments through web for Yahoo mail accounts Ice

Does your current email address redirects to a Yahoo account?

Comment

No actually I use my yahoo for junk mail so when I sign up for something it is yaho that takes the brunk of the junk My regular mail is quite junk free has been for years, at that thanks yahoo I am over quota now but a pile of deletes will cure that real fast.
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

JP'sWay (1 attachment only; WinOS; IE5.5)

- Click on the message to open it.
                    - Right-click on "Download File"
                    - Select "Save target as..."
                    - Save file to location of your choice. Presto!

Disclaimer:

Try it at your own risk. If you are the truly paranoid type, follow Blackice's advice.
                    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Yea, I forgot to mention that is the way I downlaod'em too.

Comment

Try it at your own risk. If you are the truly paranoid type, follow Blackice's advice.

At least twice in the last few months players have emailed warning of viruses they may have sent. Paranoid to run virus checkers? in my shop we get minimum five computers every three days that are unusable because of viruses. Most of these people were simply too lazy to run checkers on files. The others were just simply stupid but I have yet to meet a "paranoid" person with a virus

Be smart some of the viruses out there can ruin your computer permanatly...
                        Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice

At least twice in the last few months players have emailed warning of viruses they may have sent. Paranoid to run virus checkers? in my shop we get minimum five computers every three days that are unusable because of viruses. Most of these people were simply too lazy to run checkers on files. The others were just simply stupid but I have yet to meet a "paranoid" person with a virus

It looks like some people have never heard of backing up their files regularly

In any event, it is always a good idea to have your anti-virus DAT files up to date, just in case. However, as you may know, there are a lot of pranksters and script-kiddies all over the place, who come up with new ways to infect your computer in an almost daily basis, so it is nearly impossible to detect every single virus signature there is. On the bright side, when disaster strikes, you need not panick because all your important stuff will be safe. Finally, I'd like to add that most of the virii roaming around out there are pretty harmless. Use common sense and don't let them spoil your fun. There is no need to get paranoid all of a sudden, Mr. ice
                          Last edited by JustaGirl; January 28, 2002, 11:54.
                          Love knows no boundaries...

Comment

Originally posted by blackice

Hence the disclaimer...
                            "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

prudent or smart even cautious are far better choices for words here

Yes it is true I see it regularly in my work. I am so surprised to have people come in with business data they want saved after the virus attack. Common question when did you last backup your work, answer whats that Better still when was the last time you updated you anti virus, answer last year

Play smart tis all and have fun I reformated 3 drives today alone because of virii ;0)

Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                              X