New players old treatys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New players old treatys?

Umm Im wondering. What do you guys think about new players, old treatys? I think it is the responsibility of the new player to honor treatys made with foriegn leaders. Its just not cool to scrap them after so much hard work in making them in the first place......

I mean think about it. I could use EU and NATO as examples. Sure there is a new prime minister in Germany. But does he have the right to just leave the EU? After all his preddecsors work? This is kind of how I feel on the issue as I am dealing with a player in one of my games.....who sort of 'wants to honor some treatys but not all'.

your thoughts?
    YES, complying with old treatys is a MUST.
    22.22%
    NO, let the poor fellow play his game. He should not be forced to do anything.
    66.67%
    Whats PBEM?
    11.11%

I think it should be optional.

New administrations don't always follow the foreign policies of their predecessors in real life after all, do they?
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

You can't force a perma sub to follow his predecessor's policy on international issues. I know that it is a major pain in the ass when while you had good relations and treaties signed up after hard work and the new leader changes all that but you can't do differently. It is on the other player's discretion to honor some or all treaties and usually that is what happens.

In my opinion part of the responsibility has the player who departures as well and that was a major reason that I didn't withdrawed from a game.

Comment

Personaly, I'm for freedom. Because, a personn who replace a former player, didn't know the secret diplompaty of a game. So the other players would have a too great advantage on him on the diplomaty plan.

Of course in a Team-Game (as Team-Horses) predefined alliances should be followed by the new player.
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Good poll and question Faded

I agree with everthing said above, personally I like the rush of the new player. The unknown, the reshifting of balance and world dynamics. This is one reason for offering Teamhorses It needs a shot of life. More board play something I have not much time for or am very good at.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Nevertheless, a good treaty in a civ game, is a treaty which would be broken !

Honesty between nations is ... ... boring.

Be dishonest ! Have a snake tongue ! Lie ! And lie more!
            Zobo Ze Warrior
            --
            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Working...
            X