No announcement yet.

Live Wire Part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Moose has just told me he's got the turn. He's gonna to forward it to me.

Everybody, make sure you send turns to me and not to Moose. I have substituted for him. My e-mail is vitolg@yahoo.com.
    vitolg

Comment

The frontier bustles with settlin' an' explorin'. Jeb's been missin' for a week. The stupid louts here in Dublin are too lazy to help me build a road to Blarney. And ever since I mentioned that there may be armed and evil gypsies as well as the good ones, the whole of Ireland has been abuzz with paranoia.

Turn came in.
      Turn goes out.

Podraig.
      "To be a scientist, you must never be afraid of people thinking you're a fool." - Wonko the Sane

Comment

Beautiful land and all dat, don' you know, but the land is short of minerals. What's that in the distance? Finally, a mountain is found.
        Yeah-Bo, we should go see.

Turn 2 to Kriton.
        History changes everything.

Comment

Ok, this sucks, but I don't have internet for the next five days. I'm really sorry. Can you play my turn for me Blackice? I'm getting cable so I won't have any more problems. Sorry for the delay guys.
          "Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a coat hanger while I was still in the womb?" -SP

Comment

Kriton,
            I sent you the file around 18:00 gmt on the 11th. You write back on the 15th to say you'll be delayed.
            What gives? That's 3 whole days to play the turn.

Is there anybody in this game who wants to play me alone? I was thinking of a game on the small map, with the Lite Mod. 1 computer opponent, at the Cheiftan level, so things will go fast and the computer opponent will not be great. I'll play, or otherwise respond, within 24 hours every time.
            History changes everything.

Comment

Ireland do be feastin' and drinkin' to the Winter Solstice! Mead for all! Seamus (pronounced shame-us) got himself face-painted and costumed right scary like, and he be teachin' us how to best appease the Spirits on such an important night.

Get proper drunk in yer own nations too!
              Podraig.

~
              OOC:

Having to wait for a tardy turn is definately a pain, but I don't think you should hold it against a player gameobj.cpp. Lord knows, during the course of a YEAR that this game is going to take, we're all going to have to stall and miss turns occasionally. But none of us will ever INTENTIONALLY delay the game...

And yes, Kriton should have posted about this earlier, so BlackIce might have had time to step in for a few turns...but I'm sure Kriton did the best he could under whatever his circumstances are. RIGHT KRITON?

And about your speedy 1on1 duel........count me in! Post it to Youngbloods Recruitment so we can get one of these friendly 'Moderator' types to set it up for us.

Merry Christmas Live Wire! And may the turns start rolling again after the silly season!

/~
              "To be a scientist, you must never be afraid of people thinking you're a fool." - Wonko the Sane

Comment

Kriton you will be nexted tonight if turn not played.
                Sorry for my delay in posting this people it will not happen again
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

Kriton nexted turn to Vitlog
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

Vitlog I will be nexting tonight if turn not played
                    Or do we?

Comment

zZ_Oxide_Zz now has turn 3 Vitlog nexted

Decide people do you want to play this game?
                      Or do we?

Comment

It seems that only Blackice is playing this game! And he does not participate as well

Common guys, what happened?

Who ever is still interested in this game please post here so that the moderator know if this game needs perma subs.

Comment

I sent the turn 3 to Genius two days ago. My fault is I didn't make CC to the moderator, too, and that I didn't post. Sorry.
                          vitolg

Comment

hehehe That would help ok I will email and tell him to ignore the turn I sent. I will be nexting him too tomorrow if I do not hear from him I am having fun playing all the civs mind you

But it would be nice to have more people involved
                            Or do we?

Comment

//OOC:

Well, 'tis a far cry from the game we read about in 'Live Wire Challenge,' but if it comes down to it...........
                              ME and VITOLG (yaaaaaaay!) vs BLACKICE (booooooo!)

What is it Blackice, 4 civs to 2? You'd better pray you got good starting loc's, 'cause there's a river in my forest!! GRRR!

(I've abandonned Podraig's accent and loony cast of friends until some TURNS GET PLAYED...so if you wanna see Ireland played out AS WAS PLANNED (- pause to glare -) youd better start PLAYING yer god damned TURNS!)

OOC//

Ye bin told.
                              ~Podraig

Comment

Originally posted by Seige
                                //OOC:

Well, 'tis a far cry from the game we read about in 'Live Wire Challenge,' but if it comes down to it...........
                                ME and VITOLG (yaaaaaaay!) vs BLACKICE (booooooo!)

What is it Blackice, 4 civs to 2? You'd better pray you got good starting loc's, 'cause there's a river in my forest!! GRRR!
                                4 Blackices? That would be a deadly combination

Comment

Working...
                                X