Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question???

Now that I know it is possible to attach an AI to a player, is it possible to reverse this and change an AI to a player?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Yes but it can create some funky results lol, querks, and bugs and things. I have a civ Midway I think it was converted a few times, bugs but seems ok now.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Sometime, after reversing, some units are stucked to the ground and cannot move.
      Zobo Ze Warrior
      --
      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Are these just units already created or could happen to any? What other bugs are known? How do you attach a player?
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Why would you do it ? Ask your moderator.
          I don't think we must allow players to do that without moderator acceptance.
          Zobo Ze Warrior
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod
            Are these just units already created or could happen to any? What other bugs are known? How do you attach a player?
            I wouldn't reccomend turning a human player to AI and then back to his control. Either you permanetaly switch to AI or you simply don't. The reason is that always when a players switch back from AI loses units, the called phantom units. In fact you don't lose your units but you can't locate them either unless you click in every single tile all over the map. They are invisible to the player but your teammate can see them if they are in his vicinity.

In a game I was playing a guys had "lost" a division of 9 units (most marines) and a couple of artillery. In another game someone had "lost" a few ancient units and though that his neighbor attacked his units while in AI and he declared war to him

Better ask for a temp sub if needed.

Anyway you may switch to AI by opening the chat window ( ' ) and typing "x /attach" without the quotes where x is the player's order, to attach him to AI or "x /dettach" to dettach him from AI.
            Haven't used it for too long so I hope that the above command is correct

Comment

I saw a 24 civ world map here at apolyton and I was wondering if it would be possible to play it in pbem. But I also remember reading in the readme files for ctp that it couldnt be done. Something about all positions muyst start human and its only possible to start with a max of 8. Oh well thanks anyway.

Comment

I have seen the US PBEM game turn The Barbarains are all invisible

It makes it really interesting......

Comment

In High Voltage too, I had to manage, invisible units...

In fact they seems to be one a square, but in fact they are on one other.

I call it, spacio-temporal disturbences ... or a bug.
                  Zobo Ze Warrior
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior

I call it, spacio-temporal disturbences ... or a bug.
                    Is that like a Philadalphia Experiment thing

Comment

Working...
                    X